Nomisma aims to decentralize finance. We envision a world where everyone has access to transparent, trustless, robust financial infrastructure. Where accountability of financial institutions is in the hands of common citizens, globally, and this trustless foundation is intrinsic to the system.
We provide essential financial tools such as risk customization, interest, borrowing/lending, and leverage to cryptocurrency holders. Our protocol is based on peer-reviewed financial engineering, built on decentralized infrastructure where every step is transparent, trustless, and regulatory compliant. No margin calls. No counter party risk. You never need to trust the system (or anyone in it) with ownership of your assets.
We were founded in December 2017 by a former Goldman Sachs Asia Board of Directors member (co-Head of Asia Pacific Securities Division Distribution) Dimitrios Kavvathas, 2 tenured Harvard Business School Professors of Finance and Entrepreneurship Chris Malloy and Lauren Cohen, and a young computer scientist from HKUST (current CTO) Lucas Gaylord. We have a full-time, hand-picked engineering team of 6 (11 including part-time and contractors), in addition to a small team of quantitative analysts. Our Alpha is deployed on Ropsten and Qtum testnets. The main office is located in Alexandra House, Central, Hong Kong, with satellite offices in Singapore and Boston.
What we need from the above context are products. Awesome products. Your responsibility would be to actively give and solicit feedback from stakeholders and other designers in order to continually raise the bar for quality. Fearlessly tackle highly complex problem areas and present learnings to stakeholders and evangelize user-centered design and design thinking methodology.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will:
● Partner with Nomisma’s global team of engineers, quantitative analysts, and design researchers to identify user needs, define product strategy, and create roadmaps.
● Develop storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity visual designs that effectively addresses the problem being solved.
What we look for:
● You have 5+ years of experience working as a product designer on agile teams and are a clear and empathetic communicator in writing and design.
● You have solved complex problems with elegant design solutions and showcased product—evidenced in an online portfolio featuring end-to-end product design process.
● Demonstrate comfort with an iterative design process and use data-driven design and research to validate your design decisions.
● You have experience working at a start-up and able to work collaboratively and inclusively with a remote team (or you are open to relocation – we have offices in U.S. and Hong Kong).
● You’ve worked alongside developers to gauge technical feasibility, capabilities and use UX design deliverables to communicate design ideas and research findings (brownie points if you’ve built or worked with design systems). Our product shares some similarities with existing platforms in other markets, but is unique in a lot of regards. We’re looking for someone with experience designing products from the ground up, not just improvements.
● While primarily a User Experience designer, you may not have a branding or marketing background, but we expect you understand customer experience and the relationship between brand and product design.
Highly desired but not required (think of this as ‘extra credit’):
● You’re passionate about fin-tech, decentralized applications and blockchain technology
● You have experience designing for identity systems, wallets, or open-source platforms
Starting at US$100k-50k