Head of People Ops
Status is the gateway to the decentralized web. We’re building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community. Our core application, recently launched at v1 on Mobile and in beta on Desktop, is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, make payments and browse the decentralized web.
Who are we?
We're a remote team made up of ~60 core contributors and a growing number of community members scattered around the globe. We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.
The project & role:
You will partner with our co-founders and team leads to steward Status’s unique culture in a decentralised environment. Working in a team with two people (one HR coordinator and one recruiter), you’ll oversee all people aspects of Status, acting as a trusted resource to all our core contributors.
If you’re a pragmatic HR specialist with an all-rounder skillset, you’ll find this role an exciting and diverse opportunity, partnering an industry-leading group of visionaries working on cutting edge technology.
We’re looking for someone who has thrived in tech startups, is passionate about delivering excellent internal customer service, understands remote work and web3 culture, and is not afraid to jump into a variety of projects that help drive the organization forward (HR and non-HR) across all of Status.
- Oversee and give input to Status’s organizational strategy setting processes for effective goal setting, tracking, and alignment
- Manage the entire recruiting process, acting as a business partner to team leads
- Oversee internal communications initiatives, such as newsletters and Town Halls
- Refine our end-to-end approach to values, people development, reward, and experience
- Lead and iterate on performance review and feedback processes
- Oversee annual Offsite and other events to bring together the distributed team
- Resolve sensitive people matters with the utmost integrity, discretion, and thoughtfulness
- Respond to a wide variety of challenges and support requests that fall to the People team to resolve on a day-to-day basis
- Provide 1:1 support, coaching, and guidance to all core contributors.
You ideally will have:
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role!]
- Experience in, and passion for, blockchain technology, with a strong alignment to our principles
- Experience as a full cycle technical recruiter in a fast-paced startup environment
- Knowledge across the full range of HR disciplines, gained in contemporary people cultures: compensation, benefits, rewards, recognition, engagement, recruiting, talent development, operations
- An ability to prioritize and work fluidly in an ambiguous environment, flexing between strategic and tactical/hands-on tasks as needed
- A passion for building and scaling out a strong, collaborative remote culture that helps people reach their full potential.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working remotely.
- Experience working for an open source organization.
The salary for this role can be paid in local currency or crypto, and is benchmarked dependent on experience & location, we also offer a grant of Status Network Tokens vesting over a three-year period. More info on SNT here here: https://status.im/snt-utility/
The hiring process for this role will be:
- Initial exploratory conversation with a recruiter (30 mins)
- Interview with Ceri, our outgoing Head of People Ops (60 mins)
- Interview with Terry, People Ops team coordinator (30 mins)
- Interview with Pepper, People Ops team recruiter (30 mins)
- Interview with Carl, our co-founder (30 mins)
- A small, paid, trial project to mutually assess if there’s a good fit working together.
The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline. We’re looking for the new Head of People Ops (you?) to join the team as soon as possible, and we’re hoping to close the hiring process ideally by the end of September 2020.
Get to know us: