About the Role
A day in the life of a protocol engineer involves optimizing blockchain data structures, writing - crypto algorithms, working with teammates on new designs and optimizations, and collaborating teammates on implementation and code review.
- Helping to build core blockchain and enterprise technologies
- Implement and develop blockchain protocol packages in Ethereum
- Use formal methods to test the correctness of Ethereum Protocol
- Create and maintain interfaces for API and Storage teams
- Collaborate with teammates to produce a Protocol Specification
- Writing excellent code
- Experience developing in Golang or Java
- Experience analyzing data structures and algorithms
- Experience with language and compiler design or crypto engineering
- Ability to analyze security on large scale systems
- Designing, working with, and scaling distributed systems
- Experience with some of the following:
- Hadoop, Spark, or Docker contributions
- Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- SQL development and optimization
- Concurrency and synchronization
- Distributed computing
- Common IPC/RPC methods and patterns
- High availability and business continuity
- Queuing patterns and pipeline design
- Batch operations
- Messaging systems and patterns
- Solid OS / Networking fundamentals
- Virtual memory management
- File system design
- System administration knowledge
- Network architecture
- Technologies We Use.
Custom applications built on top of our core Intrepid platforms provide the foundation for our - deployments.
Golang, Rust, Haskell, Java, and Node.JS for our back-end applications.
- React, Angular, and JQuery for our front-end web technologies.
- Mongo DB, Level DB, Rethink DB for our databases.
- Ethereum, Bitcoin, Tendermint for our Blockchain implementations.
- Solidity for Smart Contract Development.
- Intrepid Ventures cloud infrastructure is based on AWS EC2, S3, and Google Cloud
What We Value
- Strong engineering background, preferred in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, - Software Engineering, Physics.
Familiarity with blockchain technology, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, cryptography - libraries, and other technical tools.
Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals.
- Skill and comfort working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives and iteration - with users.
Emotional intelligence and the consideration of your teammates.
- The Ability to work across teams to engage project partners, deeply understand problems, and use - teamwork to drive successful revenue generating outcomes.
Reflection and continuous self-improvement.
- Adaptive and introspective; willing to learn, teach, lead, and follow
- Not afraid of long hours when necessary; able to handle stress well and maintain a positive - attitude
90,000 to 120,000