- We’re hiring a Blockchain Security Engineer across applications, network architecture, and infrastructure.
About the Role
- Being a Blockchain Security Engineer involves optimizing blockchain data structures, writing crypto algorithms, working with teammates on new designs and optimizations, and collaborating with junior and senior teammates on implementation and code review.
- We are looking to hire someone with a passion for Solidity, the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), and security.
- Candidates should understand the technical subtleties of security best practices and have the ability to deconstruct and hack smart contracts.
- This is a challenging position hacking, modeling, scanning, auditing, designing and enhancing the security of smart contracts comprehensively.
- A significant part of the work can be done remotely wherever you are; little travel is anticipated (most of the technical team works remotely around the world).
- There’s also opportunity to stay ahead of demand and lead and build out this team in case that’s also of interest.
- We are looking for exceptionally intellectual, bright and technically driven individuals. We will be addressing challenges that have not been encountered before while borrowing from patterns in previous software architectures.
- Experience developing in Golang or Java
- Experience analyzing data structures and algorithms
- Experience with language and compiler design or crypto engineering
- Ability to analyze security on large scale systems
- Designing, working with, and scaling distributed systems
- Experience with some of the following:
- Hadoop, Spark, or Docker contributions
- Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- SQL development and optimization
- Concurrency and synchronization
- Distributed computing
- Common IPC/RPC methods and patterns
- High availability and business continuity
- Queuing patterns and pipeline design
- Batch operations
- Messaging systems and patterns
- Solid OS / networking fundamentals
- Virtual memory management
- File system design
- System administration knowledge
- Network architecture
Technologies We Use
- Custom applications built on top of our core Intrepid platforms provide the foundation for our deployments.
- Golang, Rust, Haskell, Java, and Node.JS for our back-end applications.
- React, Angular, and JQuery for our front-end web technologies.
- Mongo DB, Level DB, Rethink DB for our databases.
- Ethereum, Bitcoin, Tendermint for our Blockchain implementations, and Solidity for Smart Contract Development.
- Intrepid Ventures cloud infrastructure is based on AWS EC2, S3, and Google Cloud
What We Value
- Strong engineering background, preferred in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics.
- Familiarity with blockchain technology, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, cryptography libraries, and other technical tools.
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals.
- Skill and comfort working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives and iteration with users.
- Emotional intelligence and the consideration of your teammates.
- The Ability to work across teams to engage project partners, deeply understand problems, and use teamwork to drive successful revenue generating outcomes.
- Reflection and continuous self-improvement.
- Adaptive and introspective; willing to learn, teach, lead, and follow
- Not afraid of long hours when necessary; able to handle stress well and maintain a positive attitude
90 - 120k USD