The Anchorage Trading desk is looking for a junior trader with experience at a large financial institution to work at a rapidly growing trading desk and have an active voice in developing processes and serving our clients.
- Trade on behalf of Anchorage Trading clients.
- Constantly monitor algorithmic trading systems.
- Contribute to the process of designing an institutional grade accounting and operations system for Anchorage Trading, collaborating with various internal and external groups.
- Constantly be reading, studying the markets, and expanding your knowledge base as you grow in the role.
- Participate in sales calls as needed.
- Work closely with Operations, Compliance, Technology and Quant teams to continue the build out of the trading infrastructure as we continue to expand to serve new client types with bespoke products and services.
- You have +2 years of experience in an institutional trading role.
- You’ve have client facing experience, and are comfortable talking to our clients on a regular basis.
- You understand the basics of institutional trading and different client types.
- You pride yourself in being obsessively attentive to detail.
- You’ve developed a mastery of accounting knowledge, specifically as it relates to a trading business
- You’re proficient in both Excel and Python.
- You understand crypto market participants and empathize with their unique needs. (Exchanges, Miners, Venture Funds, Payment Providers, etc).
- You’re adaptable, and have creative ideas on how to trade and service bespoke product types that do not have a standard way of being traded, booked, or accounted for.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience trading crypto strongly preferred.
- Series 7 and Series 63 and SIE a plus.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
Company Benefits (Mid-Pandemic):
- 100% coverage of health, dental, & vision for you and your dependents.
- One Medical Membership.
- Pre-tax commuter/parking benefits.
- 401(k) plan & FSA.
- Flexible, guilt-free, vacation policy.
- Monthly mental health day.
- Home workstation budget.
- Employee training & development.
- Meaningful equity in a fast-growing company.
Anchorage is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. Anchorage refers to services that are offered either through Anchorage Hold LLC, a Delaware limited liability company and registered Money Services Business, or Anchorage Trust Company, a South Dakota-chartered trust company. Anchorage Hold LLC and Anchorage Trust Company are wholly-owned subsidiaries of Anchor Labs Inc., a Delaware corporation.