at R8 Group
We are a group of technologists, bankers and entrepreneurs building the next-gen banking ecosystem for a decentralised economy.
R8 is looking for a key developer for our new products, launching early 2019.
This is a large development project which is integrating white label solutions, along with mobile applications, cryptocurrencies, reporting and third-party software.
The project domain is retail payments and exposure to this will be beneficial. If you think Visa on Steroids you won’t be far wrong.
Although this is not a blockchain project, cryptocurrencies feature highly so some basic knowledge of cryptocurrencies would be useful, such as how to make a bitcoin transaction.
The project will be based in Central London.
The successful person will have the following skills/knowledge:
• Strong experience with API development and management
• Integration patterns and domain driven design
• Strong experience with agile development practices (scrum/kanban), continuous integration and test UI automation frameworks (TDD, BDD)
• Exposure to modern Mobile development technologies, frameworks & patterns
• High performance techniques
• Continuous integration and deployment technologies
• Demonstrable knowledge of software development patterns
• Familiarity with UNIX/MacOS development environments
• Third-line technical contact with clients that are implementing your technology.
Your Leadership Skills
• Knowledge of full software lifecycle development processes
• Run SCRUM ceremonies and demos and backlog grooming
• Lead by example by producing high quality code and set high expectations
• Ensure estimates are as accurate as they can be given constraints
• Promote best practices such as continuous integration
You will need some knowledge of modern payments from digital banks such as Monzo or Revolut.
• Some payments knowledge, particularly around the lifecycle of a retail payment on the VISA and Mastercard networks
• Some cryptocurrency knowledge, particularly how a transaction is initiated and received through the use of wallets and cold storage.
Your Team Skills
• You understand that you work in a team and sharing knowledge and approaches to make other people successful is second nature to you.
• You can devise training programmes to help others help you.
• You can work with software partners to integrate their tools into your development processes.
• You can build relationships with everyone, even those you don’t personally get on with.