Lead Security Engineer
At Eco we're challenging existing payment processing models, changing the way money moves for many segments of modern e-commerce. With every new partnership opportunity or product feature, we confront new issues related to payment compliance and liquidity management. Where we interface with cryptocurrency, many of these issues demand new solutions, working in best faith to satisfy legacy compliance frameworks. As our Payment Integrity Manager, you'll be essential in creating risk and compliance strategies that will enable us to launch and grow Eco products globally. You will support our product development efforts internally and also be a point of contact for many of our integration partners and early merchant customers. You will also need to be our resident expert on payment operations within relevant statutory frameworks. We're looking for someone with rigor and who takes ownership by default, with the conviction and creativity to help us build a new type of payment network. We hope it's you!
Why this matters:
Our everyday payment systems are dependent upon financial infrastructure design decades ago. Consumers benefit from rewards programs and new checkout experiences, but in the background money moves the same as ever: through insecure networks that impose unnecessary costs on all of us as they strain to meet the needs of modern commerce.
We started Eco because we know that with the right product strategy, serving the right use cases, cryptocurrency and blockchain finally present a solution for many of our most persistent payment problems. It’s possible to rethink our current payment systems from the ground up. In doing that, we confront several difficult, challenging and impactful problems which will demand solutions in order to build a trusted and ubiquitous payment system to enable commerce for everyone. To achieve our mission and realize our vision, we’ve put together an incredible team and are selectively adding to it.
We started Eco to lead consumers to use crypto where it matters: in everyday spending and saving. As a solution to so many of our everyday “money problems” (high fees, data insecurity, transfer limits and restrictions), crypto enables benefits banks can’t match. Crypto even makes it possible to rethink our current payment systems from the ground up—and have more control over our money than ever before.
We believe that while cryptocurrencies can represent a fundamental upgrade over traditional money—and can dramatically improve users' lives—they won't work without widespread distribution and a compelling path to adoption. We’ve spent two years building this pathway. It starts with the Eco App, empowering users to earn while their money sits, and when it moves—with those compounding effects yielding a 10x improvement over how users manage their finances today. The journey ends (or just begins) with the Eco Currency, built for payments and designed for community ownership, with fair distribution of economic value.
Every day, we confront several difficult and impactful problems which demand new solutions in tech, in product, in marketing, in advocacy. To achieve our mission and realize our vision, we’ve put together an incredible team and are selectively adding to it. We hope you’ll join.
As Lead Security Engineer at Eco, you will:
- Work closely with engineering, support and compliance leadership to establish security practices and meet compliance obligations across the organization.
- Establish a SOC2 compliance program.
- Create tools and reporting functions needed to comply with financial regulations.
- Create or establish training for other team members on security practices within customer service, compliance, finance, operations, and engineering.
- Coordinate closely with our product and engineering teams to achieve continuous improvement in security practices throughout product development.
- Identify information risks and create controls or processes to mitigate them within the organization, including during the software development lifecycle.
- Create and maintain a monitoring plan to detect vulnerabilities, information breaches, and other information security issues as they arise.
We’re looking for you if:
- You consider discipline, integrity and unparalleled work ethic to be three of your core values.
- You think in terms of tradeoffs, risks, and priorities. You take a pragmatic approach to security, understanding that it’s an evolving landscape. You can make tradeoffs between mitigating a risk, monitoring a risk, insuring a risk, and assuming a risk.
- You have an excellent understanding of security and privacy, and are a strong advocate for user privacy.
- You are collaborative by default with outstanding communication skills, especially written. You are able to advocate for security and privacy priorities to company leadership.
- You have demonstrated expertise in cloud computing, security web and mobile applications deployed to cloud environments, and monitoring for security incidents in cloud environments.
- Bonus points for experience in crypto, consumer finance products or mobile payments!
Please note that we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, background, religion, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status or disability. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please feel free to let us know.