Aliens is growing rapidly and we’re searching for a Managing Editor to lead development of our media and content. This is both a strategic and hands-on role that is responsible for managing the operations of the editorial and content departments. This is a unique opportunity to be a leader within a key strategic growth area for Aliens overall.
- Manage day-to-day operations of editorial and internally created news, ensuring on-time delivery of high-quality content
- Drive the launch of new content verticals, in areas such as NFT's, technology and more.
- Hire, manage, and motivate a best-in-class team of writers
- Support writers with content curation, and edit copy to fit the Aliens' tone and editorial guidelines
- Brainstorm ideas for and support creation of special editorial projects w
- Work with marketing and social/multimedia teams on audience development and creation of associated relevant non-text-based content
- Understand how to create content that is tailored to the strengths and goals for a given channel (e.g., web vs newsletter)
- Take a data-focused approach that uses relevant data to inform smart content creation choices to engage and grow audiences
- Coordinate with design, growth, tech, and brand teams on cross-functional initiatives, in conjunction with the Head of Content and Product Manager
- 5-7+ years of editing and management experience, with the ability to make substantive revisions as well as detailed line edits
- At least 3-5+ years of direct experience in writing and/or editing lifestyle-oriented content
- Strong-reader orientation, with an ability to understand and create for Aliens' audience of Crypto natives.
- Superior attention to detail and organization
- Creative, strategic mindset to support the growth of franchises
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in building relationships with both writers and cross-functional leaders
Compensation and Benefits:
- Impact and Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards creating opportunities for financial inclusion across the world. You’ll also be joining us at the beginning of a new chapter giving you the opportunity to have a major impact on the future of the company.
- Remote first: Work remotely with our talented global team.
- Salary & benefits: Get a competitive salary paid in CRYPTO - this will be tailored according to experience. Generous vacation and paid time off policy
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.