Online Community Manager, Lead
NEAR is a sharded, developer-friendly, proof-of-stake public blockchain, built by a world-class team that has built some of the world's only sharded databases at scale.
Are you passionate about building online communities? Do you enjoy creating and executing strategies to grow and create meaningful engagement within digital spaces?
As an online community builder, your mission is to foster the creation of a strong community across NEAR’s community platforms by creating a strategy and measuring your success with meaningful metrics. You will be working closely with the moderators from the community to come up with engagement strategies for the community and execute them. In this role, you will be supported by the community team at NEAR and a group of really passionate community leaders.
Going forward, you will be a visible presence representing NEAR across our digital spaces by directly engaging with community members and, most importantly, act as a bridge between the NEAR community team and the community.
- Build an online community strategy for our forum (powered by Discourse) and Discord.
- Set up metrics to measure success for community growth.
- Manage and grow a team of community moderators to help execute the community strategy.
- Create meaningful engagement within the community by coming up with innovative ideas.
- Work with the community team to relay feedback from the community as a community advocate.
- Advice NEAR communities(guilds) with their online community strategy and growth.
- 3+ years in online community building.
- Experience working with Discourse and Discord(tools, plugins, analytics etc.)
- A strong track record of ideating and executing strategy for online communities, specifically focussed at community growth, engagement and retention.
- A clear passion for engaging with people.
- Familiarity & experience with the open source communities or crypto communities is highly desirable.
About NEAR and the NEAR Collective
NEAR's mission is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world. The NEAR platform provides a decentralized application platform that is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands.
The NEAR Platform, NEAR Protocol and associated tooling are being built by the NEAR Collective, a collection of the best engineers in the world who work across teams, companies and countries similar to other large scale open source projects. Core contributors include a couple of 2-time ICPC world champions, 2 gold medalists, a Latin American champion and multiple other competitive programming finalists.
Working at NEAR
Roles are posted to this portal on behalf of the companies that make up the NEAR Collective and are typically located anywhere in the world because most of the companies are fully remote. Some hubs are located in Switzerland, Germany, Russia, the US and China. Regardless of where you work, this is a high performance culture that values ownership, execution and professionalism but pairs it with curiosity and experimentation. The vision is big but the right team is behind it.