Operations MBA intern - summer 2021
Wintermute is a hyper-growth fintech startup in crypto. We provide liquidity algorithmically across most cryptocurrency exchanges, as well as support high profile blockchain projects and traditional financial institutions moving to crypto.
Culturally, we combine the best traits of both trading companies and technology startups. As a trading company, we manage hundreds of millions in assets and trade more than $3B+/day across dozens of different trading platforms. As a technology startup, we create best-in-class liquidity products that create more efficient more liquid markets algorithmically. We believe in the decentralization of finance and we believe that trading companies of the future are technology companies, not financial service providers.
Wintermute is a Series B highly profitable startup backed by top tier investors like Lightspeed, Pantera Capital, Sino Global Capital, Blockchain.com Ventures, Avon Ventures by Fidelity Investments and others.
Working at Wintermute
We are looking for Operations professional who is interested in making an impact by improving and scaling various internal processes. Your role will be very varied and will include some of the core ownership areas, some more ad hoc projects based on both your talents/preferences and business needs of the company. The projects will be both strategically important and hands-on.
A great opportunity for someone looking to get an experience across a wide range of funcional areas in a short period of time! You will report directly to the COO, will work with various functional teams and will have visibility on all the functions of the business.
What you will work on
The work will be project-based and the projects will involve both strategic design and hands-on execution of various initiatives.
You will help design, project manage and execute verious strategic and operational projects across a wide set of functions, e.g. analytics, company policies, dealing with counterparties and suppliers, marketing and employer branding, performance and content marketing, recruitment, finance and hr operations, KYC/AML/compliance, automation of certain processes (throught finding and learning to use various software tools), organizing internal and external events.
You will have an opportunity to showcase or improve your project management, core consulting skills and, most importantly you'll get a better understanding of what "building things" and "scaling processes" means in hyper-growth startups.
Hard Skills Requirements
- Top tier MBA
- Experience in a dynamic, high-performance and cross-functional environment is preferred
- Systematic approach to work, project management skills, ability to manage own time and work under deadlines
- Comfort with numbers and Excel
- Curiosity and ability to learn business software tools fast
- Solid communication skills - be able to communicate clearly, concisely and listen well
- Results-driven and ability to get things done in a fast and efficient way
- Love improving processes and making sure that "trains run on time"
- Like meritocracy and being judged by what you deliver
- Ownership mentality, prepared to work beyond 9-to-5 to achieve what is required for the business
- Like working in the team environment working from our London office (as much as Covid restrictions allow)
- A unique opportunity to work on very interesting projects, get the level of cross-functional responsibility that would take years to get elsewhere
- A unique opportunity to join a high growth profitable startup and one of the strongest and highest potential startups based in London
- Great company culture: informal, non-hierarchical, ambitious, highly professional yet startupy, collaborative, entrepreneurial
- Opportunity to work with very smart and fun colleagues, including LBS and INSEAD alumni
- A cool office in central London with sci-fi touch
- Weekly team events, such as team lunches, team dinners, team board games and Dota playing sessions; these are not obligatory in any sense, but this is what we like to do
Tips for Successful Application
- Only apply to us if you are genuinely interested or curious about this role
- Do your basic research: look at our website and social media channels (@wintermute_t on Twitter)
- Write us a short, honest, and direct message if you'd like to apply. Tell us about why you are interested in Wintermute and in this role in particular.
- Do not send us generic copy paste applications, we are looking for authentic people with clear motivations
- If you don't have an obviously matching experience or skills, make sure you state very clearly what you can bring or how your experience is relevant
- We get a lot of applications, so unfortunately, we won't be able to proceed if you simply press "submit button"; we do promise to reply to everyone who puts time and effort into making the application relevant!
Similar Blockchain jobs: