Portfolio Manager - Crypto Assets
Apollo Capital is Australia’s leading crypto asset investment firm.
Apollo Capital launched its flagship fund, the Apollo Capital Fund, in February 2018, a multi-strategy crypto asset fund. We are very excited to imminently launch our second fund, The Apollo Capital Opportunities Fund, an absolute return fund designed to capture opportunities within inefficient crypto markets and reduce the risk and volatility associated with crypto assets.
We are looking to hire an experienced Portfolio Manager with responsibilities across portfolio construction, trading strategies, research, deal sourcing and execution.
We are looking for someone with a combination of experience in traditional financial markets and crypto assets. Each of the following is preferred, but not essential:
- A background in traditional financial markets, including portfolio management
- Knowledge and experience trading absolute return strategies such as basis trading, arbitrage, long/short and options strategies
- CFA Charterholder is a big plus
- 3 years experience in crypto markets be it from a professional background or from personal experience
- Location: we are based in Melbourne, Australia. The crypto community is global and we are open to candidates from around the world.
- A network of investors potentially interested in either fund
If successful, you will report to and work closely with Chief Investment Officer, Henrik Andersson.
What’s in it for you?
- Very competitive remuneration package tailored to the individual including:
- Base Salary (based on experience, starting at A$150k p.a.)
- Performance based commission structure
- You will also be considered to participate in the company’s ESOP
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible working conditions (work from home even after present restrictions)
- Collaboration across senior leaders and shareholders
- Start up mindset with great autonomy - working at Apollo is fun :)
If you are interested in the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- A copy of your CV
- A paragraph on why you would like to work with Apollo
- A paragraph on why you think you are well suited for this role
We will filter applications and ask the next round of candidates to demonstrate their knowledge and research.
About Apollo Capital
The team at Apollo Capital have a unique skill set - a combination of both funds management and crypto asset experience. It is rare to find people that have meaningful experience in both. We believe this is the key to our strong performance.
We are passionate about crypto assets as the foundational layer of a new financial infrastructure. We believe there is a very strong case for a small allocation to crypto assets. Crypto assets will play an increasingly valuable role in investors’ portfolios as a high growth, low correlated asset class.
We encourage you to read our Investment Thesis and blog to develop an understanding of how we think about crypto assets within the broader portfolio: www.apollocap.io