DEX creates open source software, tools and solutions for builders of decentralised data exchanges, marketplaces and services that power the Data Economy.
The world is moving towards fully trustless infrastructure, tools and applications. This process is gradual, needing a range of progressive changes to happen before it can reach maturity. Having years of experience in helping businesses share data through a centralised marketplace, DEX understands the current needs of both organisations and data scientists very well. DEX enables business innovation for decentralised data sharing services and models with a combination of on and off-chain capabilities.
Founded by BigchainDB and DEX, Ocean Protocol is a decentralized data exchange protocol to unlock data for AI. Through blockchain technology and native token, Ocean Protocol connects data providers and consumers, allowing data to be shared while guaranteeing traceability, transparency, and trust for all stakeholders involved. It allows data owners to have control over their data assets and prevent them from being locked-in to any single marketplace.
DEX is building the open source building blocks for Ocean Protocol applications. Similar to how the first websites set the standards for the Web 1.0, DEX creates open source templates for marketplaces built on Ocean Protocol. This will enable enterprises to participate in the Data Economy and it will democratise access to data asset sharing.
We’re a tight-knit international team based in sunny Singapore, one of the hottest cities in the blockchain space. We’re practical, love solving problems, and are always building. At the same
time, we care deeply about principles and purposes, and highly value research and
We work closely with users, technology partners, regulators, and engage frequently with the global decentralization community on and offline. We are an equal opportunity employer and cherish diversity. Our team comes from all over the world from Singapore, Canada, India, Italy, to the UK.
Why we do
Interested in being a part of a pioneering team in shaping the data economy through blockchain technology? We want to meet you!
Our aim is to create a decentralised data exchange protocol to unlock data, particularly for AI. The Ocean Protocol is designed for scale and uses blockchain technology that allows data to be shared and sold in a safe, secure and transparent manner.
Read more about the Ocean Protocol,and the full technical, business and marketplace whitepapers here: https://oceanprotocol.com/
We are looking for a Senior Product Owner able to drive the development of our Reference Marketplace, an Open Source web application designed to facilitate trusted data exchange using the Ocean Protocol. This product will enable organisations to run a customised data marketplace as part of the Ocean ecosystem.
What you’ll be doing with us:
● Lead the Agile team in prioritising features for development
● Define product vision, roadmap and growth opportunities for the Reference Marketplace in collaboration with stakeholders
● Understand customer and ecosystem requirements for the data marketplace, and translate them into development tasks
● Engage effectively with other Ocean development teams to strengthen the network, including the development of Ocean Enhancement Proposals (OEPs)
● Build external partnerships to help drive adoption of the Reference Marketplace
● Drive adoption of the reference marketplace
Who you might be:
● Strong experience with data marketplaces, data sharing solutions and/or Big Data applications
● Previous working experience as a Product Owner for modern full-stack web applications
● Strong interest in software design, architecture and user experience.
● Experience in leading Agile / iterative product development
● Passion for Open Source technology
● Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skill
The ideal Technical Skillset:
● Degree in computer science, engineering or a similar relevant field
● Experience in software architecture for modern full-stack web applications
● 5+ years software development experience