Project Lead: libp2p
Protocol Labs is a research, development, and deployment institution for improving Internet technology. Protocol Labs leads groundbreaking internet projects, such as IPFS, the decentralized web protocol; Filecoin, a cryptocurrency incentivized storage network; and libp2p, a modular network stack for peer-to-peer apps and systems. Protocol Labs works openly, and is focused on the creation of value at a massive scale.
You’ll be a great fit if you have many of these...
- Interest in peer-to-peer technologies and how they can be used to improve the Internet for all humanity.
- Interest in libp2p, including an understanding of its location-independent addressing, multiaddrs, and process addressing.
- Extensive experience in open source, including working within open source communities, being a maintainer or core contributor of a major open source project.
- Expertise and knowledge of networking and Internet protocols such as IP, ICMP and UDP.
- Interest and/or experience in protocols and products.
- You should know how to uncover user pain points, make product tradeoff decisions, thoughtfully balance competing priorities like feature-parity, time-to-market, technical debt, backward compatibility, limiting product surface area, and so forth.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities. Experience building up and running teams. Ability to delegate. Disciplined about follow up.
- The ability to recruit top players to your team, both from your own personal network and by working with recruiters.
- An entrepreneurial mindset. You should be comfortable taking smart risks.
- Strong public presentation skills, at meetings, conferences and other venues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.