QA Manager - Crypto Investigations
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The Global Financial Crimes organization is responsible for detecting and preventing financial crimes, including money laundering and terrorism financing, and requires highly skilled subject matter experts to execute against key initiatives aimed at building a best-in-class financial crimes compliance function. As a Manager on the Global Financial Crimes Quality Assurance (“GFC QA”) team, your primary focus will be reviewing investigations from the Compliance Investigations team involving cryptocurrency-related products and services. This will include SAR filings, dismissals, and EDD reviews to ensure GFC’s research, decision-making, and reporting capabilities are appropriately tailored to manage the risks. Ensure observations and feedback are incorporated into ongoing training and roadmaps for development, toolkits, and analytics. Your goal is to help ensure quality standards are met throughout the broader GFC organization. You will partner closely with stakeholders from across GFC to identify quality trends, conduct root cause analysis, document your results, and recommend value-added enhancements. You will further leverage effective coaching practices to ensure the investigative teams successfully execute on PayPal’s obligations to the appropriate regulations, such as the Bank Secrecy (BSA) and USA PATRIOT Acts, EU and Luxembourg legislation. It will be critical that you regularly exercise independent judgment and discretion in handling sensitive matters. You will further be expected to stay current with policy changes and seek ways to enhance current processes and controls.
- Performing objective, independent QA reviews of closed matters across the GFC Compliance Investigations workload, assuring that all facets of quality – including analysis, research, and written work product – are sound and in line with procedural requirements.
- Applying analytic techniques to complex information sets to make logical and supported findings.
- Documenting the findings of your reviews and performing ongoing analysis to identify trends and root causes.
- Partnering with QA leadership to provide summaries of findings and recommendations for consideration by various stakeholders throughout GFC.
- Partnering closely with both the Compliance Investigations and Training Learning Enablement teams to help develop implementation plans to enhance the work product across the organization.
- A Bachelor’s, Master’s, Juris Doctorate degree, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in conducting or supervising research and investigations related to Fraud, Anti-Money Laundering, Acceptable Use Policy violations, and/or Customer/Enhanced Due Diligence investigations.
- Proven ability to analyze large amounts of data in order to report critical information.
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information accurately, clearly, and quickly to all levels.
- Ability to understand opposing points of view on highly complex issues and to integrate differing viewpoints into your analysis.
- High levels of professionalism and self-motivation, and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a strong level of initiative.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with co-workers and peers.
- Possession of leadership, organization, and time management skills.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]