Pantera Capital (www.panteracapital.com) is hiring a Quantitative Trader for our San Francisco office to focus primarily on supporting execution on medium-frequency quantitative strategies of the firm’s multiple hedge fund portfolios. As an Associate of the Investment team, you will develop, execute, and optimize trading systems and operations that implement proprietary trading strategies in cryptocurrencies, options, and other asset classes at one of the oldest and largest blockchain-focused investment firms. The right candidate would be able to start immediately.
The primary responsibilities of the Quantitative Trader are:
- Manage live trading systems including portfolio, order, and execution management platforms servicing intraday and longer frequency trade orders.
- Pioneer systematized and algorithmic trade execution on secondary markets and decentralized cryptocurrency exchange platforms.
- Innovate, source, and diligence on exchange venues, lending, OTC, prime brokers, decentralized finance platforms, and other counterparties to increase the liquidity, optionality, and trading efficiency of the firm’s medium frequency quantitative strategies.
- Develop and apply risk management protocols on the firm’s trading strategies across multiple strategic considerations – operational, technical, market, counterparty, and others.
- Manage and perform trade reconciliation with external counterparties and internal back office stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the investment team to research, test, and implement novel trade execution and smart order routing algorithms.
- Support the quantitative investment team with data to augment alpha model training and effectiveness.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Internship or 2-4 years relevant work experience in sales & trading, investment banking, quantitative research, hedge funds, and prop trading.
- Fluency in preferably Python 3 or another scripting language. Proficiency in C++, and MySQL 5.6+.
- High degree of communication skills, analytical intuition, directed curiosity, multitasking ability, and attention to detail.
- High ability to work independently and conceptualize abstractly articulated goals into quantitatively provable objectives for self-guided execution.
- Advanced coursework in – applied mathematics, Bayesian optimization, statistics, computer science, and/or financial engineering or computational finance.
- Strong interpersonal skills in working with a multidisciplinary team.
How do you apply? Our process starts with having candidates answer one question by recording a video, as well as submitting one written piece.
From the initial submissions we select a smaller group for telephone interviews and then a set of finalists for in-person meetings.
Similar Blockchain jobs: