👍 Featured Job Opportunity
Backend Go Engineer
December 02, 2020
🤩 We are Donut
- Say no to idle money. If you've ever wondered why your bank account is earning 0.1% and banks are worth billions, we're here to change that.
- We believe the future is open finance. We believe community-driven financial applications are reinventing personal finance—offering 2-10%+ yields and newer use cases that are far superior than traditional banks.
- We have 3,500+ users already using Donut. We recently launched our product this year and have seen 90%+ monthly growth.
- We've raised $2.8M by the backers of N26 & Taxfix. We're backed by top FinTech and DeFi investors including Redalpine, InVentures, Robot Ventures (Robert Leshner, CEO Compound), Tiny VC & Entrepreneur First.
🎪 The role
- You'll be building an Event-Driven Microservice architecture based on Golang on Kubernetes
- You'll be working with cutting edge technologies like GraphQL and Terraform
- You'll be working on DeFi and Crypto products, initiating Ethereum blockchain transactions and building out our on-chain architecture
- You'll be collaborating with the Product and Engineering teams to help craft new features including fun ways to help everyone micro-invest, earn exciting rewards and improve their financial well being
- You'll be able to learn and help others grow through frequent knowledge sharing
🙌 About you
- You have at least 3 years of experience in Software Engineering with industry-standard server languages, e.g. Java, NodeJS, Ruby, Go
- You have at least 1 year of experience writing Go code
- You take initiatives and ownership of your work and take it from idea to production
- You believe that code quality is one of the most important factors for our long term success
- You believe that TDD is the way to Go
- You are a genuine and humble person 😀
🌻 Our offer
- €60,000 - €80,000 per annum + 10-15% bonus in equity
- Everyone at Donut is an owner, we believe this is the way we can all win
- Full time contract
- Visa sponsorship available and relocation assistance if based in Europe
🌈 You belong here
- As long as you’re fun to be around (and got the technical chops of course), we want to work with you; whatever skin-color, sexual orientation, gender, culture or religion
- Everyone is encouraged to bring their authentic self to work which also means you’re encouraged to share as much (or as little) about your personal life as you want
- If you don't have a degree, that's awesome. We believe what you've worked on and achieved is way more important
👍 The perks
- Our team is standout: here, you'll get to work with a brilliantly forward-thinking team every day
- By joining our Bakery as an early employee, you have unrivalled autonomy and ownership of frontend engineering at Donut
- We have a flexible remote work policy, so if you need to work from home for some time that's cool. We try to meet up every few weeks to maintain that personal touch
- The opportunity to work with the most modern tech stack
- The tools you need to do your job: your choice of laptop, productivity software and desk set-up
- And of course, vegan donuts!