Protocol Labs is a research, development, and deployment institution for improving Internet technology. Protocol Labs leads groundbreaking internet projects, such as IPFS, the decentralized web protocol; Filecoin, a cryptocurrency incentivized storage network; and libp2p, a modular network stack for peer-to-peer apps and systems. Protocol Labs works openly, and is focused on the creation of value at a massive scale.
As a Research Administrator at Protocol Labs you will:
- Design initiatives to support and improve research across Protocol Labs and our ecosystem.
- Ensure smooth sailing for new and existing programs.
- Build, strengthen, and maintain relationships with academic research institutions and specific research groups and departments.
- Coordinate with teammates across the Research, Legal, Finance, and Events teams and with researchers, engineers, and other personnel across the company.
- Coordinate sponsorships of external events and organizations in cooperation with Finance and other projects at PL.
- Assist in planning and implementing research-related conferences, meetings, and symposia.
- BA/BSc degree (or equivalent experience) and a deep interest in scientific research.
- Demonstrated expertise coordinating action between parties with orthogonal drives.
- Excellent communication skills, including communication across diverse cultures
- Administrative experience in an academic (or comparable) research environment.
- An ability to think across research, product, and business considerations.
- Ability to identify needs and to conceptualize and implement new programs to respond to these needs.
Highly-valued bonus points:
- Experience with marketing and communications.
- Experience crafting and implementing program-specific budgets.
- Proven record of forging and facilitating collaborations within or across organizations.
- Strong connections to leaders in the decentralized systems, networking, and/or cryptography communities.
- Amazing cold email game.