Senior Android Engineer
Brave browser for Android is on a strong growth trajectory. We are looking to hire an experienced Android developer to design, build, and maintain the Android version of the Brave web browser. Brave is receiving great reviews in the Google Play store and we’re just getting started. Work together with our developers and privacy/security experts to help us take our browser to the next level.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain the Android version of the Brave web browser.
- Working closely in collaboration with the product and design teams. Provide guidance on best implementation.
- Write maintainable code, applying testing responsibly. Collaborate with others on the brave-core team (desktop and Android) to formulate best practices.
- Work alongside privacy and security experts to help provide a secure and private experience for our users.
- Work with the open source community on GitHub – help guide contributors by being transparent about our work items and helping review externally submitted work. Contribute back to the community when possible (improving an open source library we use, etc).
- 5+ years experience with Android development
- Strong Java development skills
- Working experience with writing C++ code
- Android Studio and/or Eclipse IDE experience
- Demonstrated experience developing for material design
- Android SDK, NDK, and JNI experience
- Experience with software development via distributed development teams
- Comfortable working in an open source setting
- A passion for helping protect users’ privacy and security
This position is remote-friendly. Qualified candidates from anywhere are welcomed to apply.