We’re a very early stage startup founded by the Ripple founders, and looking for talented backend engineers to help us solve the biggest problem in crypto today: security and custody. We offer both the benefits of a larger company (401k, flexible working hours, salary, benefits) combined with the upside of getting in on the ground floor of a very early stage startup founded by folks that have done it before.
PolySign was founded by Arthur Britto (founder of Ripple), with help from David Schwartz (Chief Cryptographer of Ripple). They have architected a solution that is a step function above what’s currently available on the market today - would love to tell you more about it if you’re interested.
As a Senior Backend Engineer at PolySign you will help architect and build the business logic and backbone services for the PolySign crypto-currency platform. You will build central services and managers that form the backbone of our system, and connect them to the PolySign front end systems which include web and mobile platforms. In this position you will work on a small team with other top talent with a significant impact on both architecture and direction. You will interface with and assist the front end and cloud services teams to help launch our platform.
What you’ll do:
- Architect and build the PolySign back end working with cloud services team, and front end team to produce a world-class fintech service
- Build quality in, delivering significant unit, integration and system tests along with your code • Write developer documentation, reference implementations, and other educational content as needed
- As a secondary objective, assist the other teams directly with code review, design and implementation as needed What we are looking for: We’re looking for passionate, professional software engineers who enjoy doing things the right way. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of python and the python ecosystem, as well as code security, scalability, quality and sustainability. Deep experience with another language, like C++ or Java, will be very useful to provide the depth we are looking for in this position. As a software professional, you understand the importance of coding clean, estimating, taking deadlines seriously, and interfacing well with other team members and teams.
- At least 5 years experience building enterprise grade software using python and related technologies. Deep knowledge of python and python libraries.
- Deep experience with a second language like C++ or Java
- Extensive experience with:
- Object oriented concepts and design patterns
- Unit and system testing
- Software security concepts and best practices
- Experience with:
- Conceiving, developing and vetting new software architectures
- Microservice architectures
- SQL and NoSQL
- Track record of writing high quality, sustainable, testable, performant code using best software development practices
- Strong sense of software craftsmanship, professionalism and responsibility
- Understanding of Agile estimating and planning methods, and a record of estimating and delivering to schedule
- BS in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
What we offer:
- The opportunity to join a well-funded, cutting edge financial technology company at a very early stage
- Competitive salary and equity
- Competitive medical benefits
- Flexible working policies: work with your manager to determine the best combination of work at office/work from home arrangements
- A software culture that values quality, sustainability and craftsmanship over time to market - Smart co-workers who are world class experts in the field of crypto-currency
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
Who we are: PolySign Inc. is a stealth mode startup company creating software for institutional custody of cryptocurrencies. Our solution will be a key component to the mainstream adoption of cryptocurrencies. Cryptocurrencies are an exciting emerging market with considerable opportunities for success. As member of a small, world class technical team, you can can have a huge impact on our solution and the success of cryptocurrencies. PolySign is co-founded by Arthur Britto, a co-founder of Ripple. In just five years, Ripple is a recognized leader in payments technology and has been recently recognized by CNBC as the 5th most valuable startup in the United States. Fortune.com has reported Ripple as one of the five hottest fintech companies in the world