🐍 Senior Backend Engineer
Zerion is a gateway to Decentralized Finance (DeFi).
Watch your portfolio, trade, lend and borrow Ethereum-based assets in a single place!
In short, we are building a decentralized Coinbase using open DeFi protocols. Instead of relying on a third party to manage their money, our users keep full control over their crypto assets and execute common banking services with minimal fees. With Zerion you can send crypto anywhere, trade over 50 tokens and earn passive interest on stablecoins!
About the role
- Indexing. The main task of the company is to build an index of decentralized financial assets to quickly correctly display user portfolios in real time.
- Architecture. We are at the inflection point to scale to millions of users and millions of assets. Analyzing and maintaining such a large number of relationships requires novel approaches to building applications.
- Mission. The company's mission is to provide equal access to DeFi financial assets for all people with internet access. We are looking for people who share this vision and make it a reality.
What you will do
- Write well-structured and efficient code.
- Design and develop new functionality.
- Find bottlenecks and optimize existing infrastructure.
- Participate in the planning of technical tasks and code reviews.
- Make architectural decisions and implement new technologies and approaches.
- Excellent knowledge of Python.
- Excellent understanding of how asynchronous services work.
- Solid knowledge of basic algorithms and data structures.
- Experience in the development and design of distributed systems.
- Proficiency in technical English.
- Willingness to work in a startup environment.
- Willingness to take an active part in product evolution.
- Experience with containerized systems: Docker & Kubernetes.
- Experience with message queues: RabbitMQ, NATS.
- Experience with SQL / NoSQL databases: Postgres, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience with in-memory storage: Redis.
- Experience with monitoring tools: Sentry, Prometheus, and Grafana.
- Experience with time series data and specialized databases: ClickHouse, TimescaleDB, etc.
- Experience working with Socket.io / real-time applications.
- Experience working with AWS (Amazon Web Services).
- Understanding how financial markets and instruments work.
- Knowledge of Blockchain systems, dApps, smart contracts and web3 applications.
- Side projects, open source work, relevant conference experience.
- Passion for snowboarding, wakesurfing, skateboarding, kitesurfing or other active sports.
Compensation and Benefits
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial inclusion across the world. You’ll also be joining us at the beginning of a new chapter giving you the opportunity to have a major impact on the future of the company.
- Culture: You'll work in a thriving, friendly, remote-first startup environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You'll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space
- Salary & benefits: Get a competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited days off: We want our employees to recharge their batteries and explore who they are outside of the office.