It is not easy to change the Internet. It takes a world-class team with world-class talent. The right person for this is not just a great engineer – you must make miracles happen.
- Take full responsibility. Our job doesn’t stop at the code. We do it all – from talking to users to deciding long-term strategy – and we expect you to do it too.
- Don’t wait for work. We are a small team with a lot to accomplish. It’s your job to figure out how to be most effective and valuable.
- Bias towards action. We measure ourselves by what we ship. Talk doesn’t change things, action does.
- Failure is not an option. We think of problems before they happen and solve them ahead of time.
- Work independently. We rely on each other, and we trust you will do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Build blockchain products and infrastructure for millions of users
- Solve blockchain scaling at Reddit-scale, including designing and implementing layer-2 solutions
- Develop smart contracts and integrate them with Reddit services
- Contribute meaningfully to team strategy
- Communicate across the organization and work effectively throughout the Reddit stack
- You have built backend services for large-scale distributed systems (ideally 5+ years experience). We work primarily in Go, with some Python, and our stack runs on Kubernetes, GRPC, and Postgres.
- You have made blockchain apps, preferably with Ethereum and Solidity.
- You have experience deploying critical blockchain infrastructure into production.
- You have a deep understanding of decentralized technologies and the entire web stack.
- You have exceptional communication skills. We are a mostly remote team and depend on clear communication to function.
- You are incredibly competent and do not require hand-holding. Experience leading a startup or a major project is a big plus. We are looking for people who can contribute from day 0.