Senior Blockchain Engineer
We believe it’s a fundamental human right that individuals have ownership and control over their personal data. We believe everyone has a right to control their identity through decentralisation, giving citizens control over how they interact with the digital world.
Verida is building open source solutions for developers that include; decentralized single sign on, encrypted off-chain storage, secure message and data payments using crypto tokens.
Verida is focused on real world adoption and is collaborating with multiple partners around the globe, bringing this decentralized technology to market.
Verida is building a world class team of engineers that is developing decentralized database technologies.
We are hiring a senior blockchain engineer to lead the design and implementation of multiple smart contracts that will be used by dApp developers across the world. As an early team member on a small team, you’ll have a meaningful stake in what we build and how we operate.
Our team is small, distributed, and largely asynchronous. We value a calm, collected environment where everyone contributes to ideas and technical design decisions.
- Remote role
- Full Time
- Founder token pool
- Work closely with experts around the world
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll work closely with other team members to execute the blockchain requirements of a well defined technical vision. Day to day work will involve scoping requirements, technical due diligence, creating system architectures, writing code, developing tests and deploying smart contracts. You will also work closely with other technical partners to integrate
Our current pipeline of projects include:
- Blockchain research and technical due diligence
- Micropayments smart contracts
- Token creation
- Integrating with Ethereum bridges and DEX’s
- Trust framework smart contracts
What we need from you:
- Experience developing secure, upgradeable smart contracts
- Have actively participated in the development of a sophisticated platform as one of the leading developers
- Produce high quality documentation for other developers
- Work closely with other open source projects and teams
- Rapidly prototype solutions to reduce technical risk
- Familiarity with decentralized standards (DID, Verifiable credentials, DIDComm)
- Experience conducting technical due diligence for blockchain projects
- Experience building for multiple blockchains (not just Ethereum)
- Experience building smart contracts in Rust