Senior Communications Manager
ShapeShift is the leading non-custodial digital asset platform, serving hundreds of thousands of customers across the world. Since 2014, ShapeShift has pioneered a new era of digital finance, earning a place as one of the most beloved and respected brands in a booming and volatile new industry. The company recently launched its new platform at beta. ShapeShift.com and is now leveraging its resources toward aggressive growth.
ShapeShift is seeking a Senior Communications Manager to propel the company’s corporate and brand storytelling through effective strategy and consistent messaging. You will oversee the development of brand and public relations collateral, execute on internal and external communications, liaise with media to build effective relations, and assist with overall media strategies.
The primary goal of the Senior Communications Manager is to influence strategy and execute on campaigns to drive success. A successful candidate will be able to seamlessly context switch between developing high-level strategy and daily campaign execution with ease. The ideal candidate will be an effective team player/coach, a natural extrovert, and possess a drive to influence media channels and insert the company narrative at every point possible. This person is equally comfortable with brand narrative as they are with corporate narrative, and is excited by the startup pace and the opportunity that comes with it.
This is a full-time position, based in Denver, Colorado or fully remote when able to operate in western time zones, and reports to the Chief Growth Officer.
The ideal candidate will be open to daily changes in workflow and protocol (and force us to improve workflows). As a start-up in an evolving space, there are new challenges that require new solutions every day. Learn more about who we are at ShapeShift.com/careers
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work with the Chief Growth Officer to drive strategy and execute effective media and communications campaigns
- Define key performance indicators for each communications channel which will indicate a campaign's level of success
- Maintain strong relationships with media, agencies and industry influencers, at a national and global level
- Determine strategic communications campaigns that will help further organizational goals
- Create internal communications protocols and initiatives that will continue to foster our strong team culture
- Oversee the creation of marketing and communications collateral to ensure that it is consistent with the organization's brand and corporate communications strategy, including email, white papers, website copy, video, imagery, and more
- Develop, implement and manage our social media strategy including important social media KPIs
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 5-7 years experience working in a communications, public relations, or marketing role
- Proven success designing and executing communications strategies and campaigns
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Product communications experience
- Experience building consensus among multiple internal stakeholders
- Experience managing reactive communications
- Corporate and agency experience preferred
- Cryptocurrency knowledge and experience with blockchain technologies
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- 100% Covered Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Time Off
- Company Equity
- Remote work
- Generous Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Opportunity to be paid in Bitcoin
15% domestic/international travel (Post-COVID)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle or feel controls. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
ShapeShift is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Feel that you don’t meet the requirements but are still passionate about our mission? Apply! We look for team members whose desire to make a real impact on an organization and the world grows by the day.