In the fast paced world of crypto we must memorialize our relationships in ways that stand the test of time. We need a legal maverick to assist in all manner of commercial contracts and relationships. We need someone to assist with general corporate as well as privacy and IP matters - all mission critical to our operations. In addition, we need someone with the intellect and curiosity to help us take our business to new jurisdictions.
As a Senior Counsel you will:
- Advise company leadership on existing and emerging legal issues, with particular focus on commercial, privacy and IP issues.
- Serve as primary legal contact for the sales and business development teams and oversee commercial counsel support.
- Build and maintain the company’s library of forms and support materials.
- Manage inter-company agreements and all corporate maintenance.
- Partner with outside counsel to provide support on IP portfolio.
- Work closely with the compliance team to lead policy updates/management on privacy matters
We look for teammates who have:
- A J.D. degree with firm AND in-house experience
- Demonstrated experience advising clients in writing and structuring complex commercial transactions.
- An extensive background in drafting and negotiating SaaS or similar agreements.
- A close attention to detail and demonstrated ability to manage large, complicated projects.
- Enthusiasm for crypto and an understanding of the space.
- Some combination of the following: conscientious, adaptable, collaborative, creative, curious, and humble.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)