DEX creates open source software, tools and solutions for builders of decentralised data exchanges, marketplaces and services that power the Data Economy.
The world is moving towards fully trustless infrastructure, tools and applications. This process is gradual, needing a range of progressive changes to happen before it can reach maturity. Having years of experience in helping businesses share data through a centralised marketplace, DEX understands the current needs of both organisations and data scientists very well. DEX enables business innovation for decentralised data sharing services and models with a combination of on and off-chain capabilities.
Founded by BigchainDB and DEX, Ocean Protocol is a decentralized data exchange protocol to unlock data for AI. Through blockchain technology and native token, Ocean Protocol connects data providers and consumers, allowing data to be shared while guaranteeing traceability, transparency, and trust for all stakeholders involved. It allows data owners to have control over their data assets and prevent them from being locked-in to any single marketplace.
DEX is building the open source building blocks for Ocean Protocol applications. Similar to how the first websites set the standards for the Web 1.0, DEX creates open source templates for marketplaces built on Ocean Protocol. This will enable enterprises to participate in the Data Economy and it will democratise access to data asset sharing.
We’re a tight-knit international team based in sunny Singapore, one of the hottest cities in the blockchain space. We’re practical, love solving problems, and are always building. At the same
time, we care deeply about principles and purposes, and highly value research and
We work closely with users, technology partners, regulators, and engage frequently with the global decentralization community on and offline. We are an equal opportunity employer and cherish diversity. Our team comes from all over the world from Singapore, Canada, India, Italy, to the UK.
Do you enjoy leading Agile/iterative product development? We want to meet you!
We are looking for a senior developer to lead the development of data science tools for the Ocean Ecosystem.
Our aim is to create a decentralised data exchange protocol to unlock data, particularly for AI. The Ocean Protocol is designed for scale and uses blockchain technology that allows data to be shared and sold in a safe, secure and transparent manner.
Read more about the Ocean Protocol and the full technical whitepaper here: https://oceanprotocol.com/
Our vision is to provide a comprehensive set of Open Source tools to enable data scientists to work effectively with trusted data using Ocean Protocol.
What you’ll do with us
● Define and deliver a roadmap of data science tools to enable effective data science work in the Ocean Ecosystem
● Act as lead developer for key data science tools
● Launch and maintain Open Source projects
● Engage the data science community in the Ocean Ecosystem
● Engage effectively with other Ocean development teams, including the development of Ocean Enhancement Proposals (OEPs)
● Drive public adoption of Ocean-based data science tools
Who you might be
● Strong expertise and passion for data science
● Strong connections with Open Source data science communities
● Passion for Open Source technology with a proven ability to lead Open Source projects in the data science arena
● Experience in leading Agile / iterative product development
● Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Your technical skillset:
● Degree in computer science, engineering or a similar field
● 5+ years software development experience with a focus on data science and data engineering
● Expertise with Python preferred (will also consider other languages with strong data science communities)