Senior DevOps Engineer (SRE)
In order to port over the next billion people into a secure and open financial system, you’re going to need a network of applications that connect to the fiat world… Wyre’s APIs make that happen.
Our mission is to empower fintech projects to execute on their vision by offering them secure access to the largest financial network in the world (the Wyre Network).
To accomplish this mission, we’ve built a simple set of tools that allows fintech projects to materialize their visions. (1) Our instant Fiat-to-Crypto Checkout gateway is now being used by hundreds of applications (ie. MetaMask, Opera, BRD) to offer the best way to convert card payments into crypto, and (2) our flexible APIs (Transfers API, Custody API, Users API), allow projects to build e-wallets, merchant processing services, and money transfer platforms from the ground up.
We focus on compliance, licensing, regulatory, liquidity, and payment processing aspects so our partners can do what they do best, creating amazing tools on the blockchain.
We're a rapidly growing startup looking for a high energy DevOps Engineer (Sr. Site Reliability Engineer) with experience building scalable infrastructure and supporting continuous delivery to join our talented team.
This role reports to the VP of Engineering.
- Maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot Infrastructure Cloud + Blockchain
- Effectively manage CI/CD and DevOps process through automated scripts
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems infrastructure availability
- Write and maintain code/scripts to increase system efficiencies, and lower the need for manual intervention
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Engage in deployment activities, ensuring seamless one-step deployment routines
- Help to establish Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery routines
- 5+ yrs working experience
- Bachelor / MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Experience with AWS is a must
- Strong experience with Distributed Systems and Microservices
- Experience with Linux operating systems and basic MySQL admin functions
- Experience with Bash, Python, Java or other scripting languages
- You are familiar with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) concepts. You treat operational issues as if they are software problems. You view software as a primary tool to manage, maintain, fix, and extend systems required to support large development environments. You promote operational excellence.
- You leverage automation, monitoring and data analysis to ensure high availability (HA) for internal services and infrastructure
- You love tackling the most difficult of challenges and know how to troubleshoot in order to get to the best solution
- Experience with Containers/Docker/Kubernetes
- Monitoring and alerting experience
- Terraform experience
- Configuration management experience (Ansible/Puppet)
- Basic MySQL admin experience
- CI/CD - (Jenkins/CloudFormation)
- Entrepreneurial and team player attitude
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Startup experience preferred
Perks & Benefits
- Enjoy a highly fulfilling, mission-driven culture
- You are an owner! We offer stock options to each of our employee
- An opportunity to build the future and freedom to work wherever you want
- Fair pay, no matter where you live along with a competitive benefits package
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Equity options for all full-time employees
- 401(k) plan with corporate matching
- Computer setup of your choice
- Unlimited paid time off to relax and recharge
- Flexible work hours
- Opportunity to work in a growing startup