Senior Full Stack Developer - Technical Runtime + UI
The team at Parity builds core infrastructure to power a better internet. We do this by innovating in and fostering the open source ecosystem surrounding blockchain development, also known as Web 3.0.
Parity Technologies is a team of the world’s premiere blockchain developers building industry-leading technologies that enable developers to create the next wave of better products and services that respect the freedom and data of individuals. You’ll join at a critical moment when the future of the decentralized web is being shaped, and perform an influential role in making a more equitable society for our future.
At Parity Technologies we have built and launched live networks like Kusama and Polkadot atop the Substrate blockchain framework. We want to bring to these networks first class end-to-end user experiences which tell a story of how easy it is to use these next generation blockchains. For example, improving how users participate in network staking, how members of our governance systems present and vote on proposals, enabling simple integration of Substrate systems into web pages, improving how new users onboard into our ecosystem, and more…
You’ll be part of a cross-functional team building a brand full stack applications delivering such end-to-end stories using any and all tools at your disposal. As a full stack developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. In this unique position, we also ask that applicants have or develop the ability to write concise and accurate system level code for the Substrate runtime.
In the context of the creation of a first class end-to-end experiences on Polkadot we expect you to (among other things):
- Research and understand the end users of our network
- Design client-side, server-side, and runtime architecture for their needs
- Write clean, functional code on the front- and back-end
- Test and fix bugs or other coding issues
- Create security and data protection settings
- Deliver compelling and simple demonstrations of the products you build
- Collaborate with other members of the team and open-source contributors
- Proven experience as a full stack technical developer or similar role
- Key experience making effective UIs for technically complex systems
- Capable of building/training/retaining a small team, ~5 team members
- At least 4-5 years experience working with a back-end framework (e.g. Sails, Loopback, Express)
- Experience working with Rust or other similar system level languages
- Experience working with SQL (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL) or NoSQL (e.g. Mongo, Redis) databases
- Basic CI/CD knowledge, using cloud-based tools (e.g. Travis, AWS)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of Blockchain applications and (unwritten) standards, e.g. polkadot.js experience
- Experience building and launching web apps from scratch
- Open source software background
- Competitive compensation packages
- Opportunity to become an expert in the latest blockchain technologies
- Working at Parity means focusing on stuff that matters: building cutting-edge technology for a better and more decentralized internet. Our teams enjoy a high degree of freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal
- Regular team and company retreats (subject to current pandemic restrictions for the health of our contributors and teams)
- The opportunity to relocate to Berlin, Germany, or Lisbon, Portugal
- Remote-friendly environment with flexible working hours
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're happy to receive your application anyways and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.