Senior Java Software Engineer
at Coinme, Inc.
At Coinme, we're large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. You are part of the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of where you sit in our organization. A human touch in a digital world.
Digital currency can transform the way we conduct business and brings new benefits to both the corporate world and to consumers globally. Coinme is on a mission to help people everywhere understand and use the power of digital currencies as a delightful medium-of-exchange, and be accessible anywhere in the world, so everyone has a fair chance for financial prosperity.
From analyst to engineers, from sales and marketing to client services experts, we're hiring to support your growth and ours – Together We Rise.
As an accomplished Senior Software Engineer, reporting to the Director of Engineering, this is a rare opportunity for a growth-minded individual to join a fast-growing exciting mission that will significantly impact the financial services industry and transform the lives of billions of people around the world.
- Design solutions for complex technical and business problems
- Develop software systems and components for our rapidly growing business
- Write performant, maintainable code while iterating and shipping rapidly
- Author and maintain unit and integration tests
- Work with your Scrum team to plan sprints and delivery of features
- Drive engineering excellence, operational stability and security into all layers of the platform
- Mentor other engineers, helping them grow in their careers
- BSc. in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer
- Experience building scalable services and distributed systems in Java or similar object-oriented language
- Experience driving technical designs within a team
- Experience writing code that is readable, scalable, and instrumented;
- Experience in designing, building and working with RESTful APIs
- Solid understanding of core AWS solutions (EC2, RDS, etc.)
- Experience working in a fast paced Agile development environment
- Familiarity with event driven microservices architecture is a plus
- 100% Coinme-paid health insurance options for both employees and dependents
- Diverse offering of supplemental insurances
- 100% covered Employee Assistance Program
- 401k with up to 4% vested match
- Professional development reimbursement
- Stock Options
- Generous time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer Hours
Coinme is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.