Senior Product Designer
Status is the gateway to the decentralized web. We’re building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community. Our core products include an open source, Ethereum-based app for mobile and desktop that gives users the power to chat, make payments and browse the decentralized web, as well as foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol which is a continuation of Whisper.
As a Senior Product Designer you will be responsible for turning ideas into detailed execution of features, flows and interactions for Status Wallet, Key management and Keycard. You will proactively lead all elements of product design, from strategy and requirements gathering, to UI design, delivery and communication. Together with your peers in the design team you’ll ensure an excellent end-to-end experience in support of key user goals: Chat, Browse, Transact and Manage your Web3 assets.
You will bring excellent communication skills with an ability to explain your design decisions, the problem you are solving, your preferred solutions and alternatives. Proven capability of mapping requirements, navigating technical limitations and finding elegant solutions.
Status is a fast-paced, flat organization in a dynamic landscape. In this setting you are encouraged to own a problem space, work independently with stakeholders and seek critique from peers. You’ll join a small, tight-knit design team, while collaborating closely with Product Strategy, Engineering, QA and Marketing to deliver end to end value. More info about Status’ design team here.
What we ask from you
- Distill complex features and workflows into simple intuitive experiences
- Deliver carefully thought out design flows and interaction patterns, following best practices as well as proactively gathering feedback
- Continuous engagement with Engineers to find elegant and creative solutions
- Delivery of detailed design specification in combination with conversational handoff to Engineers
- Ensure timely feedback loops with Engineers and QA to verify implementation and optimize designs where needed
What you bring
- 5+ years of experience designing complex digital products
- Experience with projects in the blockchain industry
- A portfolio that shows your experience in designing digital products, your design process, interaction design and visual design skills
- Experience in designing production ready cross-platform products for iOS, Android, Desktop
- Adopt a modern design workflow and willing to work in Figma
- Fluent in English
- Living in, or comfortable working in, UTC ± 4h
- Experience with GitHub, or a similar software versioning tool
Some things about us:
We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure does away with strict hierarchy and fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organisation's priorities.
- We are Remote and Decentralized.
- We are 70+ employees spread across 30+ different countries
- We are driven by shared principles and believe in complete transparency. That's why everything we do is completely public to the entire community. You can view our development, Town Halls and conversations.
Want to know more? You can follow along on Our Status.
Our community comes from all walks of life and so do we. We work with great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our project stronger. If you share our values, you will be right at home.