Senior Product UX/UI Designer
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $100.00-$120.00/ hr
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Short, one-time job (This is a 3-month contract)
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a SeniorProduct UX/UI Designer for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Our client is an embedded startup inside Our client, a Canadian financial services platform leading new product development. We take a first-principles and human-centric approach to innovation to enable the next generation of products.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This project involves leading the Product Design for a new product which allows our internal teams to manage mortgage applications from start to finish. It will replace two legacy systems. Our first principle for the product is better utilizing technology to manage real-time data, workflow and by eliminating manual processes and completing tasks with other tools (email, excel, etc.) The second principle is investing in UX/UI innovation to improve the user's experience, optimizing their time spent to make decisions, and creating an intuitive interface for them to do their work.
This is a net new product that will help to transform a business, sunsetting 2 legacy platforms to be replaced by this single product. It will be in the hands of real users as an MVP within a few weeks, iterating from there with a tight feedback loop.
- Primary Goal: Improving Underwriter efficiency - speed of an underwriter to decision a newly ingested mortgage application. (<24 hours per decision)
- Ability for an Underwriter to manage more active deals at once (>5)
- Improving Application for Funding Ratio and Commitment to Funding Ratio
- Demonstrated experience leading product design / UX
- Professional level speaking, reading and writing in English
- Financial industry experience
NICE TO HAVE
- Strong familiarity with Figma is highly recommended, including components, variants, etc.
- Mortgage sector experience would be very helpful for quick onboarding.
- Design Thinking practitioner
- Take part in interviewing the Business stakeholders to better understand their needs and pain points. Artifacts could include journey mapping or card sorting for data prioritization.
- Review and update existing the design system in Figma
- Review and improve the current workflow management screens and Underwriter
Application review and decisioning screens to optimize the UX and design.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
We are a startup that is in the trenches, so we need someone who is comfortable owning Design and UX. This role involves working with our senior team to rapidly understand the users and business domain, engaging with the problems we’re trying to solve, then being comfortable making decisions and voicing their opinions. We are looking for someone who thrives in working collaboratively with development teams to better define the overall solutions. We need someone comfortable with taking notes and respectfully challenging when they see fit. We don’t want an order taker, we want a thinker and a doer.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.