Senior Software Engineer, Backend
At Chronicled, we value an inclusive and diverse environment where technical precision, passion, and curiosity pave the way for collaborative building. We are a customer-centric company that strives every day to build products that solve real business problems with solutions that delight the customer and add exponential value.
We are bringing to life a new paradigm of decentralized network - such as the MediLedger Network - that promises to be the next big wave after centralized SaaS software. The next decade in enterprise software will be defined by our success and leadership.
The team at Chronicled is highly cohesive, driven, and lives by the company values. We are looking for individuals who can bring new ideas and energy to the culture and work with the rest of the team to build a world-class enterprise software company.
- Design and build clean, user friendly API that powers the MediLedger Network
- Design and develop robust, scalable, and performant enterprise-grade microservices that participate to the Chronicled
- Leverage cutting-edge p2p protocols that help industries to connect and transact
- Work closely with Product team and Architects to understand business needs and translate them into technical design
- Coach peer or more junior engineer to help them grow their engineering and professional skills
- Work closely with DevOps to deploy and ensure continuity of the service
Skills and Qualifications:
- Fluent with REST API design and development
- Experience with distributed systems
- Solid understanding of messaging architectures and technologies, such as RabbitMQ and Kafka
- Significant experience building secure applications
- Demonstrated ability in implementing scalable, enterprise-grade software
- Strong knowledge of SQL, such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Solr/ElasticSearch or Cassandra
- Mastering of Git, GitHub and Gitflow
- Experience with cloud computing providers such as Amazon Web Services
- Excellent communication skills on both technical and non-technical issues
- At least 5 years in software engineering.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
At Chronicled we take pride in our Total Rewards Package which is available to all full time Chronicled Employees:
Competitive Rewards: Comprehensive and competitive employment and rewards packages for all employees
Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision. 401k, 529 College Saving Plan, Gym Membership, Commuter Benefits, Employee Perks Program
Equipment: Macbook pro and accessories standard issue. As well as a modern fully stocked office space with many amenities
Daily Meals: Come to work hungry—our healthy catered lunch options and ample drinks and snacks make sure your body and soul are always well-fueled.
Location: Centrally located and easily accessible offices in San Francisco
Flexibility: We believe flexibility comes in multiple forms. Freedom to express yourself with an open startup casual dress code, Flexible schedules. Best of all we have an unlimited vacation policy that allows you to get the rest and relaxation you need to refresh.
Welcoming Culture: We call ourselves a family for a reason. We foster a fun and creative atmosphere where anyone can openly contribute ideas, feel appreciated, and feel empowered to be who they are. Fun is also highly encouraged! Frequent offsite team building events and weekly happy hours.
Recognition: Respect and prominence due to work contributions, working on cutting edge technology. Our employees are celebrated and recognized for their contributions
Variety: Opportunities to experience different job tasks, responsibilities, and project opportunities
Workload: Challenging and fast paced work. There is never a dull moment in our Enterprise Blockchain Laboratory.
Work Importance: The typical Chronicled team member has a bias for action. We do. We build. We step outside of the scope. We believe we will change the world.
Control your own Destiny: Ability to influence others and control one’s own destiny.
Advancement: Opportunities to get ahead both personally and professionally. Career advancement highly encouraged.
Development Opportunities: We offer reimbursements for conference attendance and learning experiences. We encourage peer learning opportunities and provide access to resources to help you grow your skills. Formal and informal training to learn new knowledge, skills and abilities related to the job.
Personal Growth: Weekly lunch and learn sessions, one on one mentorship with dedicated leadership and peers
Send resume and cover letter to ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯
Similar Blockchain jobs: