Senior Talent Acquisition Manager
Wintermute is a leading market maker of digital assets globally. We manage hundreds of millions in assets and trade more than $3B+/day across dozens of different trading platforms. Culturally, we combine 1) the best-in-class trading and technology professionalism coming from team’s expertise in top tier HFTs from traditional markets and 2) technology startup culture, as we are moving very fast and empowering people to act like owners.
Wintermute provides liquidity algorithmically across most vested exchanges in crypto, across CeFi and DeFi, on-screen and OTC, as well as supporting high profile blockchain projects. At Wintermute, we believe in the decentralization of finance and we believe that trading companies of the future are technology companies, not financial services providers.
Wintermute is a proprietary trading business. We are a Series B highly profitable startup backed by Lightspeed, Pantera Capital, Sino Global Capital, Blockchain.com Ventures, Avon Ventures by Fidelity Investments, DeFi Alliance and other top tier investors. Learn more about our team and culture on our website and Evgeny’s post here.
Working at Wintermute
We are looking for an Algorithmic Trader with strong coding skills (Python) and a curiosity about hft, market making and crypto trading. At Wintermute, you will be responsible for your own “desk” right from the start. You will have the opportunity to develop your own product (trading algorithms, trading strategies), while also getting advice and guidance from very experienced traders and developers, including the founders/management team. You will get a lot of independence and responsibility right away, and you'll learn at an unprecedented speed! No legacy systems, no corporate bureaucracy, no multiple levels of approvals. It is up to you to make an impact. You will act like an owner and your incentives (incl. equity) will be completely aligned with those of the company!
Wintermute is a hyper-growth fintech startup and one of the largest players in the global digital asset markets. We provide liquidity algorithmically across most cryptocurrency exchanges and trading platforms, as well as support high profile blockchain projects and traditional financial institutions moving into crypto.
Culturally, we combine the best traits of both trading companies and technology startups. As a trading company, we manage hundreds of millions in assets, trade more than $5B+/day across dozens of trading platforms and are highly profitable in doing so. As a technology startup, we build, innovate and move incredibly fast, we create best-in-class liquidity products that create more efficient markets. We believe that traditional finance has to change and we are on a mission to define and build the decentralized future of finance.
Wintermute is a hyper-growth highly profitable proprietary trading business. We are backed by top tier global venture capital investors such as Lightspeed, Pantera Capital, Sino Global Capital, Blockchain.com Ventures, Avon Ventures by Fidelity Investments, DeFi Alliance and others. Learn more about our team and culture on our website and Evgeny’s post here.
Working at Wintermute
We are looking for a driven Senior Talent Acquisition Manager who will help Wintermute accelerate our recruitment efforts across all roles and geographies.
You will be responsible for acquiring top tier talents across all technology, trading and business functions in the UK and Singapore. You will develop your own talent acquisition plan & strategy, while also getting advice and guidance from the team leads and management team. You will own all candidate pipeline from initial outreach, to driving through pipeline, to closing. We have a very strong corporate culture, clear differentiation from both traditional, crypto-native trading firms and other startups, we have strong inbound candidate pool and clear recruitment processes and values. You will get very strong foundations to start and there will be a lot of opportunities for personal growth and development. You will report directly to Chief Operating Officer.
What will you work on
As we are a hyper-growth startup in one of the most dynamic industries, we are constantly changing and so do the roles of everyone in the company. Your varied and will require learning about all types of roles at Wintermute, across graduate and experienced hires and multiple functional areas (technology, DeFi, trading, business operations). Key responsibilities are listed below:
• Work with team leads to define target candidate pool
• Drive outreach to external candidates via relevant channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, forums, etc.)
• Promote jobs on the relevant job sites
• Manage recruitment pipeline from end to end (in recruitment software), making sure all candidates get fast responsive and overall positive experience throughout the process
• Organize assessment centers for the relevant roles
• Select the best recruitment partners for selected assignments and work closely with them to source the best candidates
• Work closely with marketing, strategy & operations team to organize recruitment events, challenges, hackathons, etc.
Hard Skills Requirements
• BSc/MSc in Business/Marketing/Psychology or any related degree
• At least 3 years in a high-performance recruiter role, internal or agency side; you should have seen best-in-class recruitment processes
• Experience hiring for technology roles (ideally C++, Python), various roles in financial services industry (traders, quants, business) and/or startups is strongly preferred
• Great communication skills - clear, concise, empathetic, ability to speak with very different people (e.g. from deep technologists to MBA graduates)
• Excellent organizational skills - the candidates were never lost with you
• Competitive spirit: drive to attract the best talent, increase candidate pool, win over any other competing offers, convince the right candidates to make the move
• Willingness and aptitude to understand business and screening requirements fast
• Have an owner mentality: you focus on the ultimate result for the company (short and long-term growth)
• Able to understand the bigger picture and be very hands-on and practical
• Love problem solving, and love seeing the tangible results of you work
• Determined, ambitious yet humble, willing to work hard, take feedback and learn on the way
• Like meritocracy and being judged by what you deliver
• Have an entrepreneurial mindset versus working 9-to-5 mentality; prepared to work non-standard working hours (since we are a high-growth startup operating in 24/7 crypto world)
• Like working in the team collaborative environment (not fully remote), at least half-time working from our office
• A unique opportunity to work on very interesting projects, get the level of responsibility and ownership that would take 5-10 years longer to get in a traditional trading company/bank/hedge fund
• A unique opportunity to join a high growth startup and one of the strongest and highest potential crypto startups globally
• Great culture: highly professional and ambitious, yet informal, friendly, non-hierarchical, collaborative and entrepreneurial
• A cool office in central London with a sci-fi touch (Singapore office is in the works)
• Weekly team events, such as team lunches, team dinners, team board games and Dota playing sessions; these are not obligatory in any sense, but this is what we like to do
• Aligned incentive structure: on top of competitive fixed compensation you get substantial performance-based upside (variable pay and equity)
Tips for Successful Application
• Only apply to us if you are genuinely interested or curious about this role and this space; this is not for someone who is just looking for "a job" or pursues purely mercenary objectives
• Do your research: look at our website and social media channels
• Write us a short, honest, and direct message if you'd like to apply. Tell us about why you are interested in Wintermute generally and your specific role in particular
• Do not send us generic copy paste applications, we are looking for authentic people who share our interests, values and ambitions. If you don't have some obviously matching experience or skills, make sure you state very clearly what you can bring or how your experience is relevant/transferable
• Prepare to be tested on our hard skills requirements
• Prepare to demonstrate “Other requirements”
• Do your basic homework on crypto markets and what hft/market making/algo trading is
• We get a lot of applications, so unfortunately, we won't be able to proceed if you simply press "submit button"; we do promise to reply to everyone who puts time and effort into making the application relevant!
Similar Blockchain jobs: