DEX creates open source software, tools and solutions for builders of decentralised data exchanges, marketplaces and services that power the Data Economy.
The world is moving towards fully trustless infrastructure, tools and applications. This process is gradual, needing a range of progressive changes to happen before it can reach maturity. Having years of experience in helping businesses share data through a centralised marketplace, DEX understands the current needs of both organisations and data scientists very well. DEX enables business innovation for decentralised data sharing services and models with a combination of on and off-chain capabilities.
Founded by BigchainDB and DEX, Ocean Protocol is a decentralized data exchange protocol to unlock data for AI. Through blockchain technology and native token, Ocean Protocol connects data providers and consumers, allowing data to be shared while guaranteeing traceability, transparency, and trust for all stakeholders involved. It allows data owners to have control over their data assets and prevent them from being locked-in to any single marketplace.
DEX is building the open source building blocks for Ocean Protocol applications. Similar to how the first websites set the standards for the Web 1.0, DEX creates open source templates for marketplaces built on Ocean Protocol. This will enable enterprises to participate in the Data Economy and it will democratise access to data asset sharing.
We’re a tight-knit international team based in sunny Singapore, one of the hottest cities in the blockchain space. We’re practical, love solving problems, and are always building. At the same
time, we care deeply about principles and purposes, and highly value research and
We work closely with users, technology partners, regulators, and engage frequently with the global decentralization community on and offline. We are an equal opportunity employer and cherish diversity. Our team comes from all over the world from Singapore, Canada, India, Italy, to the UK.
Are you passionate about open source software? We want to meet you today!
We are looking for a software developer to contribute to the design of a fully working reference implementation of Ocean Protocol. You will be working with a team to implement a vibrant ecosystem of Open Source data services that can be used to create trusted, decentralised supply chains for Big Data and AI.
The Ocean Protocol is designed for scale and uses blockchain technology that allows data to be shared and sold in a safe, secure and transparent manner.
Read more about the Ocean Protocol and the full technical whitepaper here: https://oceanprotocol.com/
What you’ll be doing :
- Support the evolution of the Ocean Protocol in tandem with the reference implementation through public Ocean Enhancement Proposals (OEPs)
- Develop the working Ocean Reference Implementation according to the specified OEPs
- Ensure the decentralised Ocean Network V1 launch is fully compatible with the reference implementation
- Engage effectively with other Ocean development teams to ensure development and implementation is in line with the overall objectives and goals
- Support usage of the Reference Implementation by partners and early adopters of the Ocean Protocol
Who you might be:
- Strong experience with Big Data, data engineering, and cloud-based data services
- Previous working experience as a software developer for data solutions
- Experience in Agile / iterative product development
- Passion for Open Source technology with a track record of strong open source contributions
- Strong technical communication skills
Your technical skillset:
- Degree in computer science, engineering or a similar field
- Experience in software architecture and API / protocol design
- 5+ years software development experience with a focus on back-end API development
- Experience with Java, Python and/or Clojure application development