Software Engineer (Backend, Front end, Defi)
FLOATING POINT GROUP is on a mission to empower investors and financial institutions to interact with the cryptocurrency markets safely and efficiently. By abstracting away the complexity of interfacing with trading venues, blockchain wallets, third party custodians, and decentralized applications, (each with their own idiosyncratic APIs), FPG's platform enables the market's most influential investors to incorporate cryptocurrencies in their businesses with unprecedented confidence. With the multi-trillion dollar cryptocurrency market routinely breaching $100 billion in 24hr trading volume, the need for robust and secure infrastructure is more salient than ever.
We are technologists.
We spent years of our lives building some of the most frontier computer science systems. We've designed, built, and deployed natural language processing models at MIT, self-driving automobiles at Cruise, and new modes of automated data exchange at massive scale at AWS.
We are founders at heart.
We are a group of entrepreneurs who have founded a diverse set businesses, from our childhood lemonade stands to massive scale SaaS platforms reaching 9-figure valuations. We founded FPG with a goal: to improve the digital asset financial system. But, more importantly, to enjoy every minute of building a company, creating a culture, and shipping a product. We are the Floaters, and we would love to meet you.
We’re well funded.
Most importantly, FPG is currently and has been a profitable company for the majority of our history. We have raised funds from well-known financial groups, venture capitalists, and an incredible group of veteran angels including Tribe Capital, AngelList's Naval Ravikant and other founders of companies that are publicly traded on NYSE and NASDAQ.
Our recent Series A $10mn funding included Tribe Capital, Coinbase Ventures, FAST by GettyLab, Borderless Capital, CapitalX and Formulate Ventures. Other funds came from the personal capital of SkyBridge Capital’s Anthony Scaramucci and executives from GoldenTree Asset Management, HC Tech and Pythagorus Investments.
We’re looking for seasoned engineers skilled with building distributed systems, integrating off-the-shelf libraries, and ensuring code quality standards are met. You will be instrumental in taking high level design documents and implementing them into a codebase; while ensuring that development follows best-practices.
What you’ll be doing.
- Drive ambitious technical projects that immediately impact our customers. From complex order execution algorithms, to real time hyper-granular market data aggregation, to sophisticated systems to safely move our customers assets.
- Work with the talented, ambitious, and creative members of our engineering team. You'll be collaborating with our highly-motivated (and insatiably curious) engineers who bring with them rigorous and diverse industry experience, while also enjoying full access to our advisors, whose prolific careers at some of the world’s premier tech organizations have cemented them as invaluable resources to FPG.
- Learn and grow at a breakneck pace as our company rapidly scales. As an early team member, you will have an incredible degree of autonomy, it's something we intentionally build into our workflow. We expect that you not only take ownership of your work but that you have an appetite for doing so. As our product and team continue to grow, your responsibilities will inevitably follow suit - the organization is expected to double in size in the next three months.
Who you are.
- You’ve designed and implemented complex distributed systems. You have extensive experience with micro-service architectures. You excel at assessing the strengths and limitations of various implementations. You have a keen intuition for seeing how a product requirement might necessitate a particular technology, and conversely, how a technology in our stack might constrain the functionality of our product.
- You’ve worked on a high-velocity product team. You understand how to build systems that enable fast product iteration. You’re comfortable weighing trade-offs between functionality, quality, and technical debt. (You may have been an early engineer/technical cofounder at an early-stage company.)
- You can recognize and advocate for technical excellence. You strive to be a world-class engineer. You understand the discipline and craft of software development, you invest in learning and tooling, and you insist on technical excellence from yourself and your teammates.