Software Engineer, Developer Libraries/API
NEAR is a sharded, developer-friendly, proof-of-stake public blockchain, built by a world-class team that has built some of the world's only sharded databases at scale.
- 5+ years experience building production applications, libraries, and APIs
- Demonstrated experience writing well-structured, clean, maintainable code
- Ability to learn new languages, APIs and SDKs quickly
- Experience and interest in building and documenting developer-facing tools
- Strong communication and remote friendly working skills
- Open source contributions and previous or continued involvement in open source communities
- Familiarity with Ethereum development and related technologies (web3.js, ethers.js, etc)
- Familiarity with other crypto or blockchain technologies
- Experience working at a startup
- Contribute to NEAR Wallet’s API
- Collaborating with internal and external engineers and community members
- Create and contribute to documentation related to various developer libraries and APIs
- Help train and mentor more junior engineers
About NEAR and the NEAR Collective
NEAR's mission is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world. The NEAR platform provides a decentralized application platform that is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands.
The NEAR platform, NEAR Protocol and associated tooling are being built by the NEAR Collective, a collection of the best engineers in the world who work across teams, companies and countries similar to other large scale open source projects. Core contributors include a couple of 2-time ICPC world champions, 2 gold medalists, a Latin American champion and multiple other competitive programming finalists.
Working at NEAR
Roles are posted to this portal on behalf of the companies that make up the NEAR Collective and are typically located anywhere in the world because most of the companies are fully remote. Some hubs are located in Switzerland, Germany, Russia, the US and China. Regardless of where you work, this is a high performance culture that values ownership, execution and professionalism but pairs it with curiosity and experimentation. The vision is big but the right team is behind it.
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- For U.S. employees: excellent health coverage for you and your family
- A supportive work environment keen on offering opportunities for personal growth
- When safe again, biannual company retreats at fun locations (last one was in Buenos Aires!)