Software Engineer, Infrastructure
NEAR is a sharded, developer-friendly, proof-of-stake public blockchain, built by a world-class team that has built some of the world's only sharded databases at scale.
We are looking for a talented, meticulous, and productive person who loves working in an energetic and free-thinking environment, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
The NEAR Protocol Engineering team is looking for an engineer to work at the intersection of core protocol engineering and site reliability engineering. You will be working on not only the implementation of complex concurrent systems but also the testing, deployment, and maintenance of such systems. You will have a wide range of responsibilities, from building automated deployment pipelines to debugging complex distributed systems. You will be surrounded by highly productive and meticulous engineers who will be holding you to the same standards.
- Fluency with algorithms and data structures
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies fast
- Excellent coding skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent understanding of operating systems
- Sharp troubleshooting skills
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems
Nice to have
- Familiarity with internals of other blockchains
- Experience with Rust
- Experience with cloud provisioning tooling like Terraform, Packer, Ansible, Docker
- Experience with monitoring infrastructure like Grafana, Prometheus, Datadog
- Experience with CI infrastructure such as Travis, CircleCI, or Jenkins
- Communication and collaboration with a fully distributed team
- Design and build monitoring and alerting system to help ensure SLOs
- Automate deployment of complex systems
- Help build robust testing infrastructure
- Help debug complex issues that occur in large-scale distributed systems
- Performance profiling, tuning, and optimizations
- Work as part of the core blockchain team on implementation of various aspects of the protocol
About NEAR and the NEAR Collective
NEAR's mission is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world. The NEAR platform provides a decentralized application platform that is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands.
The NEAR platform, NEAR Protocol and associated tooling are being built by the NEAR Collective, a collection of the best engineers in the world who work across teams, companies and countries similar to other large scale open source projects. Core contributors include a couple of 2-time ICPC world champions, 4 gold medalists, a Latin American champion and multiple other competitive programming finalists.
Working at NEAR
Roles are posted to this portal on behalf of the companies that make up the NEAR Collective and are typically located anywhere in the world because most of the companies are fully remote. Some hubs are located in Switzerland, Germany, Russia, the US and China. Regardless of where you work, this is a high performance culture that values ownership, execution and professionalism but pairs it with curiosity and experimentation. The vision is big but the right team is behind it.