Software Engineer — Periscope Trading
At 0x, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all value can flow freely. In joining us, you'll take part in transforming the way that value is exchanged on a global scale. We're a highly technical, globally distributed team with headquarters in San Francisco, passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology's potential to act as an equalizing force in the world. Our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the cutting edge of internet and economic advancement.
Software Engineer - Periscope Trading
At 0x Labs, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all value can flow freely. 0x Labs is the parent company of several cutting-edge technologies and initiatives within the crypto space, representing a tight-knit group of teams and technologies that work together toward actualizing that mission.
In joining us, you'll take part in transforming the way that value is exchanged on a global scale. We're passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology's potential to act as an equalizing force in the world. Our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the cutting edge of internet and economic advancement.
Periscope Trading is a special division of 0x Labs. Founded in April 2020, we focus on surfacing competitive liquidity into emerging DeFi markets, helping them grow and mature.
Periscope developers operate remotely, and team members are always welcome at 0x Labs HQ in San Francisco.
Who You Are:
As part of Periscope’s small engineering team, you’ll notably help shape our work culture and practices.
- You can theorize strategies as well as write code
- You find the process of solving problems (and learning how to solve problems!) without a known best practice motivating.
- You thrive working independently and autonomously as a high output individual contributor, while at the same time you're experienced in working collaboratively with a small and fast-moving team
- You value transparency in providing and receiving 360-degree visibility to and from your team.
- You're comfortable with economic risks and competitive game theory.
- You're comfortable as part of a remote team with 24x7 market exposure
- You're highly motivated to advance our aggressive strategic goals of instigating competitive and consumable DeFi liquidity
You’ll work closely alongside:
- Ron Bernstein, CEO of Periscope, long-time futures and options (floor) trader, founder of Intrade, Founder of Tradesports, and founder of Paradex — one of the very first 0x-based "relayers" — which sold to Coinbase in May 2018.
- Andy Elkin: Automated stock and FX trading expert with 10+ years of successful “black box” trading. One of the founders of Magic Works who pioneered trading fully automated high- and mid- frequency equity models. Maintained HPC ideology along with AI algorithms applied to stock trading.
- Henry Harder and Liam Kovatch; DeFi liquidity innovators, who prior to joining Periscope, dropped out of Columbia University to co-found Paradigm Labs: a venture-backed start-up focused on liquidity infrastructure for decentralized markets. Authors of non-custodial trading (Zaidan) and liquidity (Kosu) systems built on the 0x tech stack. Paradigm also operated Zaidan's War Chest, one of the first 0x staking pools.
Our Tech Stack:
- Go, Python, Typescript
- AWS : EC2, EKS, Secrets Manager, S3
- Ethereum libs, APIs
- Kafka, Postgres, Redis
- Docker and Docker-compose, K8s
- 2-3 years as a Software Engineer, working with blockchain and/or trading teams and motivations
- Pro level experience developing production-quality software in (one or more of) Python, Go, Typescript, developing HPC systems (GO, C++)
- Experience with ETL and data pipelines solutions (FOSS solutions, Kafka, Redis, Airflow)
- Experience building distributed systems
- Experience interacting with Ethereum nodes / web3
- Experience developing and working with computer security, highly sensitive credentials and “secrets”
- Experience working remotely
- Additional cryptocurrency-based compensation
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision)
- Monthly mobile phone bill, wellness, and transportation reimbursement
- Flexible hours, liberal work-from-home policy, and a supportive remote first option
- Great office conveniently located in Soma
- Take vacation when you need it (and we really mean it — Unlimited vacation time)
0x Labs is dedicated to fostering diversity, inclusion, and belonging in its team and workforce, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. 0x Labs does not make employment or hiring decisions on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, or any other basis that is protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. 0x Labs will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a way that is consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.