Symetria.io | 1780-555 Hastings Street West, Vancouver, BC | On-site Only
Who we are:
We are Symetria, a centralized crypto-to-crypto wallet & exchange provider that uses Personal Blockchains (our tech) to form private blockchains between us and each of our users. What this does is provide immutable proof for every action taken on our site, enabling us to offer the fairness of a decentralized process while maintaining the speed and privacy of a centralized exchange.
We’re a funded startup, nearing the initial launch of our MVP.
Where we are:
We have a beautiful and intuitive user experience created by our incredibly talented in-house design director.
Throughout development, we’ve come up with so many fantastic ideas for features and future plans, and we need to build out the right team to get great things done.
What we need:
We need someone to study where we’re at, where we’re going, how we do things and why we do them – and then pick up from there. As our Tech Lead you’ll be empowered to build out your own team and responsible for managing them to meet our goals. We’ve developed the codebase, but we’re not married to it, so if you have better ideas, we’re all ears.
We envision you growing to own and oversee the entire tech stack and moving into a Director level role as we grow. You’ll set out standards as you see fit and lead your team of developers to get things done according to your standards. If our founder contributes code too, it’s under the standards you’ve laid out. We trust you.
Who you are:
You have a passion to drive, execute and innovate and have the ability to juggle many projects and responsibilities. You are entrepreneurial and self-driven, able to adapt in a fast-paced environment. You are focused on the big picture and are exceptional at pushing scalable, production-ready software. You love to program but you also love to teach and take pride in developing the skills of others.
What your team will be responsible for:
- Planning, designing and creating software from scratch
- Creating and implementing test strategies to verify the software models
- Supporting, debugging, and maintaining deployed systems
- Engaging with a cross-functional team to gather and understand their requirements and to solve complex problems
- Ethereum and Smart contract development
- Using HTML5, CSS3 and relevant web stacks
- Developing public third-party APIs
- Writing clean & modular code following modern best practices
Your skills & requirements:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- 7+ years in software development with 2+ years in a leadership position
- Demonstrated proficiency in C# and ideally Azure
- Solid knowledge/experience in object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills, innovative thinking, and a mindset of continuous improvement
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results under strict deadlines
- Previous hiring and onboarding experience
- Strong passion for user experience
- Start-up mentality
- Canadian citizenship or a valid Canadian work-permit
Nice to haves:
- Experience working on blockchain projects
- Previous ICO experience
- Familiar with micro-service architecture and API design.
- Experience with any of the following technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, Spark, Pandas
- Experience working on any major cloud provider: AWS/Azure/GCP
- Experience with NoSQL
- Experience writing Ethereum smart contracts using Solidity
- Familiarity in one or more of the following current blockchain development libraries and frameworks: Truffle, Embark, Web3.js, ethers.js, OpenZeppelin, Dapphub
- Experience with cryptography (Hashing, public key and symmetric key cryptography, etc.)
- A highly competitive salary plus performance-based bonuses
- An opportunity to grow your own team and rapidly progress into a Director level role
- Work-life balance and flexible hours
- Super accessible location directly across from Waterfront Station in the city’s fiber hub
- Free on-site gym, introductory personal training, and bike lockers
- Bright and airy office with ocean and mountain views, well-stocked kitchen, standing desks and lounge area
- BC MSP paid
- 3+ weeks of paid time off/year plus stat holidays
- Options to attend training courses
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strongly encourage women and minorities to apply.
Highly competitive based on experience.