Software Engineering Director, Crypto
at Coinme, Inc.
At Coinme, we're large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. You are part of the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of where you sit in our organization. A human touch in a digital world.
Digital currency can transform the way we conduct business and brings new benefits to both the corporate world and to consumers globally. Coinme is on a mission to help people everywhere understand and use the power of digital currencies as a delightful medium-of-exchange, and be accessible anywhere in the world, so everyone has a fair chance for financial prosperity.
From analyst to engineers, from sales and marketing to client services experts, we're hiring to support your growth and ours – Together We Rise.
As an accomplished Software Engineering Director, reporting to the VP of Engineering, this is a rare opportunity for a growth-minded individual to join a fast-growing exciting mission that will significantly impact the financial services industry and transform the lives of billions of people around the world. The team's mission is to build software and integrations for the acceptance, dissemination, and liquidation of crypto and fiat funds needed to fulfill customer transactions.
- Manage teams of software developers and quality engineers
- Partner with Product Owner to align with objectives, priorities , tradeoffs and risk and manage the backlogs
- Participate in design and architecture discussions and planning
- Drive the execution and delivery of features by collaborating with cross functional stakeholders
- Ensure teams have clear priorities and adequate resources
- Provide technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to team members
- Work with Engineering Leadership to drive best practices in software development, testing, and production operations
- Drive recruiting efforts to continue to build your team
- Contribute occasionally to development tasks such as coding and feature verifications to assist teams with release commitments, to gain an understanding of the deeply technical product as well as to keep your technical acumen sharp
- Masters / Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years experience leading software engineering teams
- Strong knowledge of the Crypto Currency space, and experience working with Blockchain
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience in integrating with 3rd party APIs & SDKs and working with partners
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and product management to understand requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Delivery experience working under an Agile/Scrum methodology
- Working experience of software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, SCM, CI, build processes, testing, and operations
- Built diverse teams of exceptional individuals
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to drive via influence
- A collaborative nature and a strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
- 100% Coinme-paid health insurance options for both employees and dependents
- Diverse offering of supplemental insurances
- 100% covered Employee Assistance Program
- 401k with up to 4% vested match
- Professional development reimbursement
- Stock Options
- Generous time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer Hours