Startup Systems & Security Engineer
Protocol Labs is a research, development, and deployment institution for improving Internet technology. Protocol Labs leads groundbreaking internet projects, such as IPFS, the decentralized web protocol; Filecoin, a cryptocurrency incentivized storage network; and libp2p, a modular network stack for peer-to-peer apps and systems. Protocol Labs works openly, and is focused on the creation of value at a massive scale.
As a Startup Systems Engineer you will...
- Proactively solicit feedback from our team to identify opportunities to improve organizational effectiveness, productivity, and security.
- Research, identify, build/buy and implement internal tools and processes that make us more productive and efficient.
- Research and implement policies and processes that secure our decentralized organization and drive confidence in open collaboration.
- Train Protocol Labs employees and ecosystem partners on existing processes, tooling, and policies to drive productivity, security, and effectiveness.
- Audit existing tools, processes, systems and services; optimize and develop risk mitigation plans to improve productivity, security and cost.
- Partner cross-functionally to develop an effective model for meeting the technology and security needs of decentralized, autonomous teams
- Manage traditional IT support requests including onboarding and offboarding employees to our internal tools and services.
- ‘Roll up your sleeves’ often and jump in to support other teams with tasks such as planning, logistics, even some product management and external customer relations.
You may be a fit for this role if you have...
- Have 6-10 years of experience in systems and technology operations, especially in a startup environment.
- You get a kick out of aligning first principles thinking, research and systems thinking to achieve great results, especially in new, complex environments.
- A deep drive to build robust, resilient systems, with a relentless drive for excellence.
- Superb computer skills including proficiency with the following platforms: Google Application Suite (Docs, Drive, Groups, Admin), Slack, Github.
- A collaborative mindset, with a passion for supporting internal teams and projects.
- Have a rigorous, process-driven work style backed by an ability to communicate effectively.
- An impeccable record of integrity and trust.
- Previous experience handling IT, security, and customer support at a growing startup.
- Previous experience supporting a global, distributed workforce.
- Full-stack software engineering experience.
- Industry recognized security and support certifications (CISSP or equivalent, ITIL).