Pantera Capital (www.panteracapital.com) is hiring a Systems Engineer for our San Francisco office to focus primarily on administering and advancing system, database, and cloud deployments of the firm’s backend infrastructure supporting trading systems, quantitative strategies, and data analysis. You will leverage the Amazon Web Services ecosystem to support the computational modeling, data science, machine learning, and DevOps of the investment and operations teams of one of the oldest and largest investment firms at the forefront of an unexplored and burgeoning new asset class. The right candidate would be able to start immediately.
The primary responsibilities of the Systems Engineer can be broken down into:
- Cloud Infrastructure
- - Manage multi-region AWS VPC resources with attention to high performance machine learning inference and robust process automation.
- - Proactively optimize both monthly cost and compute throughput for all research and technical requirements of the firm’s investments and analytics.
- Database Administration
- - Administer, maintain, optimize, and support all database solutions of the firm’s data universe including time series (Druid/Timestream/Quasar), low-latency (Redis/Memcached), data warehouse (AWS Redshift), and relational (MySQL) databases.
- - Develop and optimize solutions for VCS, CICD, and process automation for the firm’s internal software development objectives.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- High degree of communication skills, multitasking ability, and attention to detail.
- High ability to work independently and conceptualize abstractly articulated goals into explainable action plans.
- Strong interpersonal skills in working with a multidisciplinary team.
- Expert skill in full stack scripting (Bash/Python/JS) with specific experience in one or more of data engineering, data visualization, web frameworks, and systems administration.
- Expert experience in infrastructure management and automation with Terraform, Ansible, Chef, AWS CLI, AWS Fargate, and related tools.
- Proficiency in network architecture (OSI stack, TCP/IP).
- Familiarity with cybersecurity/infosec risk factors for cloud and on-site systems.
- Familiarity with virtualization (Parallels, Virtual Box) and containerization (Docker) platforms.
- Familiarity with software automation platforms for continuous integration (Jenkins/CircleCI), build management (Bazel), issue tracking (JIRA/Bamboo), distributed computing, etc.
- Prior experience in trading systems for algorithmic or high-frequency trading is a plus.
How do you apply? Our process starts with having candidates answer one question by recording a video, as well as submitting one written piece.
From the initial submissions we select a smaller group for telephone interviews and then a set of finalists for in-person meetings.
Similar Blockchain jobs: