Talent Acquisition Lead
Protocol Labs is a research, development, and deployment institution for improving Internet technology. Protocol Labs leads groundbreaking internet projects, such as IPFS, the decentralized web protocol; Filecoin, a cryptocurrency incentivized storage network; and libp2p, a modular network stack for peer-to-peer apps and systems. Protocol Labs works openly, and is focused on the creation of value at a massive scale.
As the Talent Acquisition Lead at Protocol Labs, you will…
- Build, lead, and develop a high-performing Talent team to achieve company hiring goals
- Develop and drive the Talent Acquisition strategy, with a focus on proactive candidate sourcing, resulting in attracting and retaining a diverse pipeline of qualified candidates in a high stakes environment
- Partner closely with the leadership team to understand recruiting plans across all functions, while building and managing a proactive, results-oriented recruiting team that knows how to find great talent
- Identify and develop relevant recruitment metrics, utilizing dashboards to track team performance, create recruiting reports, and inform business decisions
- Define and describe our ideal target candidate profiles, develop our channel strategy and messaging to reach and attract them
- Optimize our interview process to provide a best-in-class candidate experience and high signal evaluation outcome
- Develop and refine branding that positions Protocol Labs as the leading employer of choice in the emerging fields of blockchain and distributed systems
- Relentlessly improve our processes across the entire hiring lifecycle by developing metrics to improve efficacy and ROI
- Create a culture of excellence, driving continuous improvements to culture, diversity, processes, team structure, and systems
- Occasionally own the full cycle recruitment process for key strategic senior hires (on your team or others)
You may be a fit for this role if you have...
- 5+ years of experience leading a sizable recruiting team, preferably in a technical company
- 2+ years of experience leading other managers – a strong and inspiring leader of leaders is a must!
- Proven results in scaling an engineering-first organization through rapid growth
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Recruiting expertise: You have a deep understanding of what creates a successful and delightful hiring experience, and can apply it in practice across various functions and countries
- Leadership & change management: You are able to proactively zoom out, set, and execute a long term strategy for your team and cross-functional partners, even amidst chaotic day-to-day priorities
- Player-coach management: You don’t shy away from doing the building yourself when needed. You inspire and coach everyone from junior team members to senior executives
- Data orientation: You are an expert in key recruiting metrics. You use data not just to set and track team goals, but also to identify hiring issues and build consensus around solutions.
- You have experience with organizations comprised of fully distributed teammates
- You have worked with open-source projects and communities
- You understand organizations that have a strong research component
- You have worked for global companies