Technical Project Manager
Sector: Fintech, Blockchain
Headcount: ~15, full-time
Job Type: full-time
Starting Annual Salary: +US$130,000 + performance bonuses
Location: Hong Kong, Boston, remote – can supply visa to Hong Kong or Singapore
Email: [email protected]
Company Summary (more details at bottom)
Nomisma aims to decentralize finance. We envision a world where everyone has access to transparent, trustless, robust financial infrastructure. Where accountability of financial institutions is in the hands of common citizens, globally, and this trustless foundation is intrinsic to the system.
We enable risk customization, interest, borrowing/lending, leverage, and the creation of safe assets for the cryptocurrency universe. Our protocol is based on peer-reviewed financial engineering, built on decentralized infrastructure where every step is transparent, trustless, and regulatory compliant. No margin calls. No counter party risk. No liquidation. You never need to trust the system (or anyone in it) with ownership of your assets. We’re post Series A with an Alpha product. Founded and run by 2 tenured professors at Harvard, a “super senior” (BoD Asia member) Goldman Sachs former partner, and a young tech entrepreneur from HKUST.
About the Role
If you are seeking to be an early team member in a high potential startup and, we’d love to speak to you. Your primary purpose would be to enable the growth from 15 employees to +100 in the next 12-18 months. This would entail:
• Working with the founding team on strategy and direction for sustainable growth
• Creating execution timelines, determining development milestones
• Monitor, record progress, and reflect on how to improve
• Constructing and organizing development processes
• Coordinating teams of engineers and academics
• Interfacing with many aspects of the company including the financial engineering, design, product, and marketing
For the first 4-5 months, you would also:
• Hire technical talent
• Work with Beta testers on the product improvements
• Potentially work on developing communities around open-source software
Travel is seldom and remote work accepted, but we prefer you to relocate to Hong Kong. If there are conferences you’d like to attend, the company can sponsor your trip.
There are no hard qualifications. That said, we have exceptionally high standards for our hirers and compensate accordingly. The below are guidelines for how we’ll be assessing candidates.
• Technical project manager a startup with a successful exit (+USD100M) from near inception
• +5 years of experience as technical project manager
o +2 years technical management at startup(s) (< 20-person company)
o +3 years technical management at corporate(s) (+500-person company)
• Have (simultaneously) coordinated technical teams adding to +50 developers, engineers, architects, and/or academics
• Enough technical depth to know when to use Rust instead of C and why
• Clear understanding of purpose of decentralization. What should be decentralized, what shouldn’t, and why? What problem(s) does it solve?
• Great if you’re fluent in Russian and/or Chinese
• Have a personal mentor who guides you professionally
• Love working on challenging, ambitious projects with super competent people
• You wake up at the same time every day, you have separate drawers for your socks and underwear, when you were a kid you told your mom to clear up her room – you love structure
• Regularly set aside time for reflection and update your world view
• You’re energized by working with people; you’re the person your friends come to when they need someone to listen
• Disciplined, driven, motivated as hell
• Like to break down a process into its principal components and building a better one
• Precise and painfully meticulous
• You own what you do and enjoy explaining to anyone willing to listen why it all makes sense, and why you do it your way
• Optimistic with a sense of urgency
• Obsession with productivity and efficiency - in that order
About Us – Details
Our team is unique in that we have a blend of academia, corporate, startup, and technical cultures. We all share an “intellectual affinity” (3 of 4 co-founders did PhDs at UChicago in finance/econ around the same time) and a focus on impeccable quality. Our whitepaper has been conditionally accepted for publication, our scalability solution is formally verified along with all other core protocols we use, our tech stack is React, Koa, Solidity, and Rust.
Who We Are
We were founded in December 2017 by a former Goldman Sachs Asia Board of Directors member (co-Head of Asia Pacific Securities Division Distribution) Dimitrios Kavvathas, 2 tenured Harvard Business School Professors of Finance and Entrepreneurship Chris Malloy and Lauren Cohen, and a young computer scientist from HKUST (current CTO) Lucas Gaylord. We have a full-time, hand-picked engineering team of 6 (11 including part-time and contractors), in addition to a small team of quantitative analysts. Our Alpha is deployed on Ropsten and Qtum testnets. Our lead investor is one of the top market makers globally. Our main office is located in Alexandra House, Central, Hong Kong, with team members in Singapore, Boston, and Moscow.
+US$130,000 + performance bonuses