Technical Project Manager
ShapeShift is the leading non-custodial digital asset platform, serving hundreds of thousands of customers across the world. Since 2014, ShapeShift has pioneered a new era of digital finance, earning a place as one of the most beloved and respected brands in a booming and volatile new industry. The company recently launched its new platform at beta. ShapeShift.com and is now leveraging its resources toward aggressive growth.
ShapeShift is seeking a Technical Project Manager who will be responsible for assisting to shape our product strategy, and use their project management and communication skills to make software delivery predictable.
The primary goal of this role will be providing project planning and management for established software engineering initiatives within a company. The ideal candidate will ensure that projects are completed to specification from the Product Team, within an established time frame. This person will use their industry expertise to improve all aspects of project planning and engineering resource management. This person needs to be able to work well in a collaborative environment and pay meticulous attention to detail.
This is a full-time position, it can be fully remote in western time zones or based in Denver, Colorado and reports to the Director of Product Management, UX and Design.
The ideal candidate will be open to daily changes in workflow and protocol (and force us to improve workflows). As a start-up in an evolving space, there are new challenges that require new solutions every day. Learn more about who we are at ShapeShift.com/careers
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Communicate status of all in flight projects to team members and internal stakeholders. The main stakeholders will be the Product Management, UX/Design, Growth and Engineering Teams.
- Determine, prioritize and define project/feature technical scope, objectives, and resources with stakeholders.
- Develop and manage a detailed project/feature schedule and plan
- Continuously monitor project progress and make adjustments as needed
- Helping develop a release & testing plan to ensure high quality of production releases
- Track success metrics and costs for projects. Success metrics are set at the start of the project
- Help triage production bugs and figure out how to include time allocated for bug fixes into project plans
- Anticipate problems and complications, and formulate solutions so not to impede the progress of projects/features; if not possible
- Ability to raise a red flag to stakeholders if projects/features are not going to meet their delivery date or a roadblock has occurred for work in progress
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation, plans and reports to identify areas of improvement
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project and program execution. In particular, Agile methodologies.
- Can be counted on for limited on-call work to manage production outage or customer support issues
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 4+ years as a Project Manager, Technical Project Manager, or other relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in Project Management or related preferred
- Professional Project Management Certification preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies and methods
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others
- Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality
- Experience applying analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently to occasionally hit top-down deadlines
- Ability to predict challenges and seek to proactively head-off obstacles
- Experience working in Jira project tracking software
- Blockchain and cryptocurrency knowledge
Feel that you don’t meet the requirements but are still passionate about your mission? Apply! We look for team members whose desire to make a real impact on an organization and the world grows by the day.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle or feel controls. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
ShapeShift is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- 100% Covered Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Time Off
- Remote work
- Generous Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Opportunity to be paid in Bitcoin