Technical Project Manager (Blockchain)
VIMworld is a revolutionary smart non-fungible token (Smart NFT) ecosystem. As part of the VeChain community, we are leading the industry with our unique product offerings such as the fusion of physical and digital collectibles.
We use a variety of technologies: NodeJS and Typescript for blockchain integration, solidity for smart contracts. In addition, we utilize React, Typescript, MongoDB, unity, AWS, etc. Generally, we try to use whatever tool is best for the job, without letting the stack grow too complicated. Uniquely, VIMWorld owns our technology from end-to-end, with the support of the VeChain technology community at large.
VIMWorld is looking for a talented Technical Project Manager with both the technical skills and creative mindset to help us form the future of ‘play’ and join our digital VIMworld. As our Technical Project Manager, you’ll focus on building out product features end-to-end while enforcing best practices for development.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- Take ownership of diverse, ambiguous, and high-value projects
- Building strong relationships across the organization to ensure project objectives are met
- Collaborate across teams to define the scope and resources required for each project
- Work with Engineering and Design team to ensure ongoing design-engineering alignment
- Work with other PMs and Engineering Managers to ensure that the software schedules and calendars are accurate, and updates and work prioritized appropriately
- Bridge the understanding gap with and between cross-functional teams including Engineering, Design, and Marketing
- Bring a creative approach to product planning and resource allocation to solve dependency and sequencing issues
- Organize and attend relative team meetings and events, and distribute follow-up notes to all stakeholders
- Ensure that all assets for training, communication, documentation, and explanation of processes, roadmaps, and more are kept well organized and accessible and contribute new materials as needed.
- Collaborate with design and marketing teams to help projects move through the work stages, ensuring approvals are documented and appropriate assets are created for the development team
- Regularly refresh the software team’s understanding of priorities, roadmap, progress, and risk
- Understand and communicate complex, technical engineering issues
- Continually raise the bar for VIMworld’s standard of shipping well architected, robust, scalable, and tested code
- Be a driving force in the ongoing improvement of culture and processes, both for the software team and the entire Company
- 3-5 years’ experience managing software development projects through their whole lifecycle
- Prior proven task management experience using JIRA
- Experience with using both agile and waterfall-style development processes, and the flexibility to draw from both
- Detailed project tracking and proven track record of meeting deliverables
- Technical background and experience working with software engineers
- Familiarity with VeChain or other blockchain platforms
- Strong knowledge in blockchain/crypto technologies
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- At least 1-year experience in a Fortune 500, FAANG, or well-known technology firm a plus
- PMP or CAPM certification a plus
You’re A Great Fit If…
- You know how to consider multiple perspectives when communicating and enjoy cross-departmental collaboration
- Dedication, Self-Discipline, and Perseverance are virtues with which you identify
- You have the startup mentality of being an owner, not a renter
- You value design-centric thinking to drive the iterative development process
- Your highest concern is the user’s engagement
- You’re excited about bringing products to life, motivated to take ownership and shape it
VIMworld is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.