NEAR is a sharded, developer-friendly, proof-of-stake public blockchain, built by a world-class team that has built some of the world's only sharded databases at scale.
We're seeking a Technical Recruiter who can juggle all of the balls that have to land properly in order to make multiple simultaneous hiring processes work. That means everything from posting the job through successfully filling the position. This also requires the ability to understand team needs and do initial filtering of candidates and resumes. It involves working with referrals and external recruiters where necessary too.
Specifically, the right fit for this position should be highly process oriented but also comfortable with sourcing and interviewing activities for technical roles. You will wear a lot of hats and coordinate with other team members in the operations function at NEAR and in similar roles at other companies across the NEAR ecosystem.
Exceptional candidates are deeply familiar with the blockchain and crypto landscape and the unique needs of sourcing talent that will interact primarily with technical users. This is not a good fit for someone who hasn't worked within tech recruiting or operations before.
This is a remote position with NEAR Inc.
- Time to fill per role is 2-weeks or less.
- Great internal and external employee experience.
- All open hiring processes run and conclude without dropped balls.
- For new positions, needs are turned into job descriptions quickly and accurately.
- Host a bi-weekly hiring committee with all stakeholders including the executive team.
- Familiarity with Greenhouse
- Great at documenting ongoing and new processes
- Familiar with compensation strategy best practices
- Very strong project management and organization skills
- Experience sourcing, recruiting, coordinating, and screening for technical roles
- 3+ years in startup environments as a recruiter, hiring coordinator, or in operations
- A warm and professional "bedside manner" with candidates throughout their experience
- Familiarity with sourcing from non-traditional places such as GitHub, crypto-Twitter, and crypto insider events
About NEAR and the NEAR Collective
NEAR's mission is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world. The NEAR platform provides a decentralized application platform that is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands.
The NEAR platform, NEAR Protocol and associated tooling are being built by the NEAR Collective, a collection of the best engineers in the world who work across teams, companies and countries similar to other large scale open source projects. Core contributors include a couple of 2-time ICPC world champions, 2 gold medalists, a Latin American champion and multiple other competitive programming finalists.
Working at NEAR
Roles are posted to this portal on behalf of the companies that make up the NEAR Collective and are typically located anywhere in the world because most of the companies are fully remote. Some hubs are located in Switzerland, Germany, Russia, the US and China. Regardless of where you work, this is a high performance culture that values ownership, execution and professionalism but pairs it with curiosity and experimentation. The vision is big but the right team is behind it.