Technical Support Engineer
At Chronicled, we value an inclusive and diverse environment where technical precision, passion, and curiosity pave the way for collaborative building. We are a customer-centric company that strives every day to build products that solve real business problems with solutions that delight the customer and add exponential value.
We are bringing to life a new paradigm of decentralized network - such as the MediLedger Network - that promises to be the next big wave after centralized SaaS software. The next decade in enterprise software will be defined by our success and leadership.
The team at Chronicled is highly cohesive, driven, and lives by the company values. We are looking for individuals who can bring new ideas and energy to the culture and work with the rest of the team to build a world-class enterprise software company.
What you'll do:
- Respond to customer queries in a timely and accurate way, via phone, email or chat
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including network configuration, cloud infrastructure, application installation and maintenance.
- Lead issues to resolution when working across multiple distributed customers transacting with each other.
- Coordinate amongst different stakeholders while ensuring that the issue gets resolved and all parties are satisfied.
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track customer service requests through to resolution, while meeting the company’s service level agreements.
- Guide customers through a series of troubleshooting steps until they’ve solved a technical issueIdentify customer needs and help customers use specific product features
- Analyze and report product malfunctions (for example, by testing different scenarios or impersonating users)
- Maintain our internal knowledge base with information about technical issues and useful discussions with customers
- Maintain regular communication with customers to provide periodic updates for the life of the service request.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal team members (e.g. engineering or QA)
- Gather customer feedback (e.g. feature requests and effective workarounds) and share with our Product, Sales and Marketing teams
- Suggest improvements to the product based on common customer pain points or support pain points that you have observed.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s in information systems, computer science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience as a Customer/Technical Support Engineer or similar
- Experience using help desk software and remote support tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with clients, team members, and management
- Have strong empathy and a strong drive to make customers successful.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks within a collaborative team environment.
- Adapt to changing priorities, deal with conflict and work under pressure to meet deliverable dates / timelines.
- A willingness to be humble and learn technical skills
- Experience with troubleshooting applications running on Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud computing providers such as Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- Working knowledge of networking and web technologies such as load balancers, firewalls, VPN and reverse proxies such as nginx.
- Experience working with and resolving issues with typical full stack applications that include SQL and noSQL databases, Web UIs, messaging architectures such as Rabbitmq, backend services and REST APIs.HTTP, HTTPS.
- Ability to use tools such as Zendesk and Jira
- Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with the life sciences industry
- Knowledge of blockchain technologies desired but not required.