NEAR is a sharded, developer-friendly, proof-of-stake public blockchain, built by a world-class team that has built some of the world's only sharded databases at scale.
Are you a strong writer who loves to share what you know with the world? Do you enjoy building prototypes and proofs of concept while you learn about a technical topic? Have you published your work online as video, audio or text tutorials and workshops to wide acclaim?
As a key member of the education team at NEAR, you will be working as a knowledge bridge between our internal teams and the rest of the world. You share the key responsibilities of growing our community of developers and entrepreneurs as well as enabling their success as they use the platform to build DApps of their own.
This role is a good fit if you are a disciplined and shameless content factory, are genuinely curious and driven to learn and share what you learn about DApp development using NEAR and compulsively share your work online via social media channels.
Title and compensation will be based on years of experience and skill sets.
- Be the voice of our community to our internal teams so NEAR continues building the right products to serve their needs
- Plan and generate content that makes it fun and easy for people to build with NEAR
- Execute on ambitious content production campaigns that span weeks or months
- Remain closely aligned with the development of the NEAR platform, the developer experience team and the community at large
- Explore other platforms and bring back the best ideas to integrate them into our own work through ongoing feedback with the core team
- Active and engaged learners who consume your content
- Student "time to ship" from first touch to a working, meaningful DApp
- Significant experience designing, developing and publishing learning content online
- Some familiarity with blockchain and its ecosystem is helpful
- Well versed in technical topics, especially web based software development
About NEAR and the NEAR Collective
NEAR's mission is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world. The NEAR platform provides a decentralized application platform that is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands.
The NEAR platform, NEAR Protocol and associated tooling are being built by the NEAR Collective, a collection of the best engineers in the world who work across teams, companies and countries similar to other large scale open source projects. Core contributors include a couple of 2-time ICPC world champions, 2 gold medalists, a Latin American champion and multiple other competitive programming finalists.
Working at NEAR
Roles are posted to this portal on behalf of the companies that make up the NEAR Collective and are typically located anywhere in the world because most of the companies are fully remote. Some hubs are located in Switzerland, Germany, Russia, the US and China. Regardless of where you work, this is a high performance culture that values ownership, execution and professionalism but pairs it with curiosity and experimentation. The vision is big but the right team is behind it.