Venture Capital Analyst
Founded in 2019, Sfermion is an investment firm focused on the non-fungible token (NFT) ecosystem. Our goal is to accelerate the emergence of the metaverse by investing in the founders, companies, and entities creating the infrastructure and environments that will form the foundations of our digital future. By leveraging our multi-strategy approach, domain expertise, and vast network, we aim to capitalize on the influx of innovation and resources being deployed into the NFT space.
Sfermion is seeking a venture capital analyst/associate to serve as a key member of the investment team. This person will be responsible for deal sourcing, due diligence, structuring, analysis, reporting and portfolio support for companies and projects in the NFT ecosystem. Investment responsibilities involve helping the Sfermion team screen, vet, and execute on investments in NFT-related projects. Portfolio support responsibilities will include assisting the fund in growing the value of the existing portfolio by working closely with the leadership teams of respective portfolio companies for product, marketing, and partnership initiatives.
• Identify, source, evaluate, and document new investment opportunities in the NFT ecosystem
• Industry Research: Contribute strong baseline knowledge in the crypto asset and NFT space to help prepare analysis for the group.
• Deal Structuring: Assist with deal structuring, negotiation, legal documentation, and economic impact modeling for new projects
• Due Diligence and Financial Analysis: Perform detailed due diligence and perform financial analysis where applicable on new and existing investments. Prepare and present investment theses for new and follow-on investments based on fundamental analysis and market research
• Value Creation: Support portfolio company management teams to develop corporate strategy, evaluate M&A opportunities, assess new business lines, and other projects as needed
• Portfolio Monitoring: Monitor current investments and track key metrics and company performance
• 1+ years prior work experience (ideally investing or blockchain startup)
• Crypto experience and interest, particularly in NFTs
• Technical background/training preferred
• Motivated and enthusiastic self-starter with entrepreneurial mindset
• Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, and proactive
• Ability to conduct independent research and produce externally facing reports
• Strong written and verbal communication skills