Web3 Gaming Researcher (Data Scientist)
Almanak Blockchain Labs is a data science & research-oriented company, dedicated towards understanding and designing the next generation of decentralized networks.
We use agent based simulations to optimize and improve top tier decentralized finance & gaming protocols - our ultimate objective is to use cutting edge data modeling to maximize their profitability while simultaneously ensuring economic security.
Our culture is centered around disciplined pursuit of knowledge, meritocracy, impact on our partner’s businesses and data-backed performance. We are a collective of execs and technologists from companies such as Google, McKinsey, Uber, EY or DBS Bank.
At Almanak, we utilize knowledge, data, and robust techniques from the algorithmic trading industry to advise key web3 builders and decision-makers.
Currently, we are seeking a Web3 Gaming Researcher, with expertise in data science and crypto gaming to join our product team and facilitate the creation and shipment of cutting-edge products and innovation.
This role would suit someone who has worked as a data scientist/quant within a web3 gaming protocol or an Investment Fund and has a strong interest in applying data science methodologies within various web3 verticals, primarily gaming & entertainment.
Who you are:
An ideal team member:
- Is highly interested in cryptocurrencies, crypto gaming, and all things web3. You already have a good grasp of the crypto space concepts and mechanisms.
- Understands the math, design, and token economy of Web3 Gaming projects.
- Understands the business model, economy, and growth systems of different types of Web3 Gaming protocols.
- Understands how DAOs operate and what is the role of governance within crypto.
- Is familiar with agent-based modeling.
- Is ambitious, independent, proactive, and naturally curious.
- Is performance-oriented and does everything to “get things done”.
- Is hungry to learn more and impact the world of Web3 Gaming protocols and DAO governance.
- Researching and quantifying problems the Web3 Gaming landscape is currently facing.
- Interacting with DAOs and web3 builders to understand their needs.
- Analyzing raw data: assessing quality, cleansing, and structuring for downstream processing.
- Designing and running experiments in our custom simulation infrastructure to optimize DAOs' economics and decision-making process.
- Collaborating with Engineering to bring analytical prototypes to production.
- Building dashboards and creating data visualizations that advise Web3 Gaming protocols on risk and capital efficiency management.
- Participating in product strategy sessions and supporting the team from the earliest initial stages.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken, especially in data-science-related vocabulary & crypto lingo.
- 3+ years prior professional experience as a data scientist/product person at a gaming company.
- Domain expertise in at least one of the following: Financial machine learning, reinforcement learning, complex system control, graph theory, bayesian and causal networks, evolutionary algos, and advanced data visualization.
- Solid mathematical/quantitative background.
- Solid experience with main Python frameworks.
- Experience with stochastic modeling.
- Prior experience with data analytics/data science within the gaming industry.
- Prior experience with a web3 gaming company/gaming investment fund.
- Solidity knowledge.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation: You’ll receive competitive compensation, consisting of either fiat/crypto remuneration and an equity package in the core Almanak holding. Team members are also eligible for attractive yearly bonuses (consisting of fiat/crypto) upon positive yearly performance.
- Impact: You’ll work with some of the smartest people in the space and play a pivotal role in influencing the way some of the most popular crypto applications are built.
- Learning: You’ll benefit from the cumulative knowledge of the entire A-class Almanak team and our extended network. The company holds regular sessions during which collective crypto Alpha is discussed.
- Flexible schedule: You’ll be able to work remotely and manage your own time. We want you to work from a place that makes you the happiest, and contributes to your overall well-being. A happy team means a strong team.
- Co-working space, gear and education budgets: The company shall invest in your comfort of work, as well as in your personal growth & development.
- Unlimited potential: Our company values knowledge and strategized impact first - you’ll have a chance to adopt new responsibilities and greatly influence the organization with your creativity.
- Intellectual freedom: You’ll have the freedom to develop novel models and frameworks for innovative financial products and turn ideas, theories, and research into implementations with real impact.
Listed in: Crypto Jobs, Research Web3 Jobs, Web3 Crypto Jobs, Data Crypto Jobs.
February 24, 2023